Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPM Reserve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JPM Reserve

Hi everyone,

What would be the recommended score for an Approval? Min-Avg?

I should be sitting around 730 across all three scores. 100% payment history over 8 years--and credit utilization is the only variable that moves my score the most. With my most recent payments, it should be updated to that 730 range in a about a week or two--though there's the off chance it could sit at 720 instead.

I will be applying with my Private Banker as soon as it updates.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JPM Reserve

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I should be sitting around 730 across all three scores. 100% payment history over 8 years--and credit utilization is the only variable that moves my score the most. With my most recent payments, it should be updated to that 730 range in a about a week or two--though there's the off chance it could sit at 720 instead.

Welcome to MyFICO

Those if FICO scores, are fine.  As you're talking about a card via Chases's Private Bank, what's more important is your internal Chase credit score.  Your Chase banker has a lot of influence when you apply thru them and depending on your assets with Chase, you probably won't have much of an issue getting approved. It's my understanding that you have to have $5-10 million in assets with them to be a Private Client.  Scores at that point are pretty much meaningless. Good luck

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight! I know there can be special considerations, wasn't sure if that was applicable with the Private Bank. But you do make a great point!

Have a great day!
Message 3 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

What, approximately, is your utilization? With 8 years of history and no lates, I would expect a much higher FICO score. Are you carrying some major purchase at 0%? Maybe your existing CCs just have low limits compared to your assets and spend? Are most of your cards very new? Do you have legal access to the JPM funds to pay off any CC balances not at 0%, or does some trustee need to approve?

Presumably through some outdated systems at JPM, I'm in their JPM Private Client Direct customer category (I think one tier below Private Bank, despite having no assets with them anymore).

Maybe things are different since you're in their higher tier and a proper customer with an actual relationship with a banker...but for me they have assigned relatively conservative CLs that reflect my comparatively modest credit report and 1040 income.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe my average age is 4, between 5 cards. One was acquired a year ago. But my utilization goes from 80% to about 20-40% from month to month, I'll carry a balance into the following statement cycle before I pay off a card or lower a balance. And I'm in the middle of that process, now that I've decided to looking into the card. I appreciate the insight--though not as liquid as I'd like to be to cover the remaining balances, until about a month before I can look to do that comfortably. But of course I want it sooner, than later haha.
Message 5 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the insight! I know there can be special considerations, wasn't sure if that was applicable with the Private Bank. But you do make a great point!

Have a great day!

Private Banking (and Private Client Direct) credit card and lending applications are handled in a different department. All apps are given special consideration and the Market Manager in each office has influence to get apps approved.

Also, this depends on your Private Banking relationship, ie if you are a client by family relations or if you have actual asset, etc.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

What, approximately, is your utilization? With 8 years of history and no lates, I would expect a much higher FICO score. Are you carrying some major purchase at 0%? Maybe your existing CCs just have low limits compared to your assets and spend? Are most of your cards very new? Do you have legal access to the JPM funds to pay off any CC balances not at 0%, or does some trustee need to approve?

Presumably through some outdated systems at JPM, I'm in their JPM Private Client Direct customer category (I think one tier below Private Bank, despite having no assets with them anymore).

Maybe things are different since you're in their higher tier and a proper customer with an actual relationship with a banker...but for me they have assigned relatively conservative CLs that reflect my comparatively modest credit report and 1040 income.

What is the minimum for a Private Client Direct relationship?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Not-CPC-but-JPM-PC/m-p/4804861

My information is mostly based on what you told me. If you have to ask me, then neither of us really knows.

Message 8 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

My information is mostly based on what you told me. If you have to ask me, then neither of us really knows.

They since restructured their program and those requirements that I posted in early 2017 dont apply anymore.

Message 9 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

They since restructured their program and those requirements that I posted in early 2017 dont apply anymore.

Oh. In that case, I have no idea what the minimum is.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.