Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JetBlue CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JetBlue CC

I flew Jetblue when my husband took me to Cancun last August. It was a good experience. I’ve flown AA in the past. The flight attendant was talking about all the perks of the JetBlue card and it got me interested but didn’t have any planned trips at the time.  Now my best friend is getting married so I’m going to fly to the bachelorette party in Jamaica and the wedding in Dominican Republic. JetBlue flies non-stop to both countries.  I’m going with husband and 2 kids(ages 2 and 10) to the wedding. I wanted to make sure I applied my kids passports before I purchased the tickets and our appointment is tomorrow.

Now my question: Has anyone applied for the JetBlue card through a shopping cart trick? I’m not worried about the hard pull. My TU FICO 8 is 763 with no baddies, zero inquires. I just don’t want to wait for the card to come to buy the flights. The tickets prices have increased by $500 since I got the save the date last month. Maybe it’s not worth appling if the price increase another $500 by the time I get the card.

What do you all think?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JetBlue CC

Jetblue cards are issued by Barclays.
Barclays is among the strictest issuers of credit in the U.S.
I highly doubt shopping cart trick would work.
Message 2 of 9
tussking
Established Contributor

My Jetblue CC Plus card is my favorite credit card. Yes, Barclays is tough and only started me @ $5k but I use it everyday for every purchase.

I fly JB to SF and LA bi-monthly and wouldn't fly anyone else.

The planes are amazing and they treat customers like the old days.

Go and get it!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appplied yesterday and was approved for $20K. My largest SL yet. Very happy I decided to applied. The $99 annual fee will pay for itself.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new approval!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 40,000 points could be 2 or 3 RT tix if you shop and plan it right.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Appplied yesterday and was approved for $20K. My largest SL yet. Very happy I decided to applied. The $99 annual fee will pay for itself.

Nice approval. Congratulations!

Did you try the SCT? Was it auto-approval or did a Barclay's UW interrogate you?

Message 7 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and massive SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t try after someone above said Barclays is a strict credit issuer.

I applied thru a banner on the JetBlue site. There was an option to rush the card for a $15 fee which I opted into. Once I submitted the page told me I was approved for the $20K. It didn’t provide any APR info. They only pulled my TU report.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.