Did you mean: 

JetBlue Plus Mastercard - Application process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JetBlue Plus Mastercard - Application process

The Application:

Here's the link JetBlue Plus Mastercard

I actually completed this on my iPhone. I completed all fields that were mandatory and left all optional ones empty. I selected the expedited shipping of the card for the additional $15 charge as I am planning a trip on JetBlue in the coming week. The application was submitted at 11:35pm PST. 

The Pull:

The HP was on Transunion. I'm currently located in CA. 

The Score:

Transunion FICO Score 8 approximately is 740 (I have a thing about being too specific with my personal info)

Utilization is under 35%

Total accounts is 15+

Hard Inquires is 4

The Approval/Recon:

The initial response was a 10 day/30 day response. I then immediately did the online status check which then stated I was denied. (*note: Recently I've been on a CC binge and have opened several cards in the last 45 days. Barclay seems to be a bit more aware in regards to churning and it is reflected on their approval rate.) Obviously I called their reconsideration line immediately. 866-408-4064 I had thought I would get a message stating their business hours, but to my surprise it was immediately answered by a live Agent. She confirmed the denial and asked if I would like to go through the reconsideration process. I didn't hesitate and was told I would be placed on hold as she reviewed my credit profile. Two minutes later, she returned with 2 questions. I answered them directly and with pin point accuracy on dates and creditors - this seemed to be exactly what she was looking for. She overturned the declination and approved me for a 5K limit. This is one of my lowest CLs, but I'll take it. A trip to NY from Cali on "Mint" JetBlue is in my future.

Hope this helps! Off to the next sign up bonus! 

- PointsYoda

9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: JetBlue Plus Mastercard - Application process

@Anonymous wrote:

The Application:

I actually completed this on my iPhone. I completed all fields that were mandatory and left all optional ones empty. I selected the expedited shipping of the card for the additional $15 charge as I am planning a trip on JetBlue in the coming week. The application was submitted at 11:35pm PST. 

The Pull:

The Score:

Transunion FICO Score 8 approximately is 740 (I have a thing about being too specific with my personal info)

Utilization is under 35%

Total accounts is 15+

Hard Inquires is 4

The Approval/Recon:

The initial response was a 10 day/30 day response. I then immediately did the online status check which then stated I was denied. (*note: Recently I've been on a CC binge and have opened several cards in the last 45 days. Barclay seems to be a bit more aware in regards to churning and it is reflected on their approval rate.) Obviously I called their reconsideration line immediately. 866-408-4064 I had thought I would get a message stating their business hours, but to my surprise it was immediately answered by a live Agent. She confirmed the denial and asked if I would like to go through the reconsideration process. I didn't hesitate and was told I would be placed on hold as she reviewed my credit profile. Two minutes later, she returned with 2 questions. I answered them directly and with pin point accuracy on dates and creditors - this seemed to be exactly what she was looking for. She overturned the declination and approved me for a 5K limit. This is one of my lowest CLs, but I'll take it. A trip to NY from Cali on "Mint" JetBlue is in my future.

- PointsYoda

Good card. Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Application:

The Pull:

The Score:

Utilization is under 35%

Total accounts is 15+

Hard Inquires is 4

The Approval/Recon:

- PointsYoda

This is the type of data detail I love. Excellent write up. Congrats on the approval. You earned it.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It's my first post. I've read a ton of posts from the boards that have helped me. I figured I should contribute and do so in a way that would be as helpful as possible. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Your Chase Hyatt Card CL is very impressive. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myFICO and congrats on your success!!!

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Enjoy the blue Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

-Anusara

Thank you! I'm planning on posting a bunch more as I go through my "churning" and credit improvement process. 

-PointsYoda

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

-AverageJoesCredit

I'm juiced! I really want to use it to get a Mint trip to NYC.

-PointsYoda

Message 9 of 10
jc2
Regular Contributor

Great post!. Thank you and congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.