cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined NFCU Finally....Cash Rewards SL 17 900 !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined NFCU Finally....Cash Rewards SL 17 900 !!!

Hi Everyone,

I decided to go after Navy FCU before my Penfed hits my file and possibly lowers my AAOA. I e-mailed my application, DL, ss card, navy league membership and 2 paystubs on April 24th. I heard nothing and begin to call 5/3 to ask questions. They couldn't find my info then they found it and said it looks good and to call back 5/5 if I didn't hear anything. called back 5/6 still not in and no credit check call back 5/12. I called in and still not a member. After a call to membership department again the rep had them complete the membership while I was on the line. Sent me over to apply for credit card. Not even a min. She came on the line and said congratulations you have been approved credit line of 17,900 !!!

I can't believe it I asked her to repeat it. For those of you that are already in ...My int rate is 15.4 and I see the lowest offered is 8% Will I qualify for a lower interest rates if my credit score goes up? My current scores are EFX 723 TU 712 EXP 700. I have late payments that are aging off etc so I might see a score bump. If I do qualify for addional products how will they notify me? I am in the garden for sure and can't wait how everything grows, It has been a journey and feels GREAT to see "Because of your creditworthiness"

I received 2 hard pulls on transunion, weird that I received credit pull alerts from Capital One but nothing from myfico alerting me.

Thank you for all of your advice and feedback on this forum, I have learned so much since joining this forum Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Joined NFCU Finally....Cash Rewards SL 17 900 !!!

Congrats for getting in just under the wire and for the nice SL !

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, yes great job getting in via NLSD that is now shut down. Thats an amazing sl. May i ask what kind of income do you pull in? Not sure if you know it but perhaps your dti as well? Thanks and great jobSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That's an awesome SL
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Pipeguy !

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi AverageJoe, 

Thank you I didn't realize that they shut it down wheeeew. 

My income is 75k. Now I just did my dti so this is as of what has been reported (my cards & loan report and the end of each month) so what NFCU pulled was a dti of abt 19%

$2000 on cc and 12 300 on car loan. I was not sure if dti you meant what's on credit cards but I'm at 13% utilization on just cards. Once NFCU and Penfed report that will canged to abt 5%

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tiger09, what an awesome line up of cards you have, some great perks !

Message 7 of 14
padme
Established Contributor

Congrats on ur awesome limit and by squeaking in at the last minute!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Nice Work!

Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Fico_Gal for sharing. I find that those two data points are probably the most important factors in approvals and starting limits and we just dont see enough of those. Sometimes all we see is the big cl and figure anyone can get it but its just not true. So thank you and enjoy your new jewel. Great thing is now your family can be members for life so thats also a great treasureSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.