Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the Disco Family! APPROVED $7K SL

tag
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Joining the Disco Family! APPROVED $7K SL

Hey everyone,

First: thank you all for the super helpful posts that you share with the community! 

I've been reading and thinking about how to strategize my next app to help push my scores up to the 700 level. I was thinking about 3 options: 1) I really want to try for Amex, but have no preapprovals there and know my scores will probably only get me the standard $1K SL (at best). 2) World of Hyatt card through Chase since I have several cards through them already and there are tons of reports that they have very good SL for people with similar profiles. 3) Join the Discover family where I had preapprovals for Cash back and Chrome w/ 0% APR for 14 months on purchases and BTs. 

My strategy is simple: Which card will help me raise my credit and buff my profile the most? I decided with Discover and was instantly approved for $7K SL!! So excited! They pulled Equifax (yay), which is currently my highest score at 664 FICO 8.
My plan: I'm currently sitting at 31% util, and have these two credit one accounts that both have annual fees and small balances $600 on one and $275 on another. I wanted to raise my overall credit limits by a decent chunk, pay off the two credit one accounts to save on interest and then call them up to ask to have the annual fees waived to keep me as a customer.

I think I achieved my goal! Please feel free to let me know what you think of my strategy and if you think I could have done anything differently? Also, does anyone know if Discover will expedite the card if I call them and ask?

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Joining the Disco Family! APPROVED $7K SL

Congratulations on The 7K Disco Fever!

Message 2 of 19
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Great approval and no doubt that puppy will increase nicely for you.

Message 3 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the approval and SL. Welcome to the Discover family with it's generous SP CLI's Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Disco family!
Looks like they're letting you sit at the big kids table Smiley Wink

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL! 

Message 6 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Looks like your strategy is spot on, congrats on your new card and great sl!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy 7k should put you on path for the Big Kid increasesSmiley Happy. I wouldnt worry about expressing it it usually comes fastSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Great SL there and it will only grow larger and larger. Disco (at least in my experience) ships fast, so I wouldn’t worry about expediting it.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
" I wouldnt worry about expressing it it usually comes fastSmiley Happy"

Surely you are not referring to those CLI LettersSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.