Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the FNBO train

tag
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Joining the FNBO train

Well I lost my will power and checked by prequalifier for the FNBO Evergreen.  Got a preapproval for $15k at a 22% rate.  Last month I got $14k at 25%.  I figure they must want me, right?  Instant approval, $15k.  It was much easier to resist when credit was bad. 

EX 740  Inq 22  lol/24 Screenshot_20210512-143018_Chrome.jpg

Also have a pair of CLI declines to report - Amazon and Sportsman's Guide. 

Called in to Credit Solutions and asked for a $5k increase to $15k total.  It was a hard no without a counter.  I'm thinking that after $10k, time between CLI approval goes up.  Happened with my PayBoo card - I was getting CLIs every 2 months, but to go from 10k to 15k took 4.  So I'll give Amazon 3 more months since its been 3 since my last CLI.

Sportsman's Guide has been 4 months +1 day like clockwork, but this time got denied.  Letter stated that I've reached max limit on this account....OK.

I also decided to close my Overstock store card and next up is my Comenity Mastercard.  For some reason these accounts report a fraud alert that I used to have.  They decline stating that I have no number listed and that they can't contact me.  I believe these cards are on a different system than Sportsman's Guide.  Since no one at Comenity can help (I've mean trying for half a year now - secure message, phone, mail - got me nowhere) these accounts can go.

Well thats all for now.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Joining the FNBO train

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats and welcome to the FNBO fam!

Message 4 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your FNBO approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 14
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  I just learned about this card and it seems like it is solid.  I may get it because they seem to be very generous with starting limits!  

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 6 of 14
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Yep, when my credit was jacked up it never crossed my mind to app for anything. A lot easier then not to apply lol.

Big congrats to you on a pretty sweet approval!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
My knees buckled this week and I joined, too. Looks like we're in good company. 

Message 8 of 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@rostrow416 wrote:

Well I lost my will power and checked by prequalifier for the FNBO Evergreen.  Got a preapproval for $15k at a 22% rate.  Last month I got $14k at 25%.  I figure they must want me, right?  Instant approval, $15k.  It was much easier to resist when credit was bad. 

EX 740  Inq 22  lol/24 

My sentiments exactly... Smiley Happy

Excellent approval, congrats.  Thank you for the DP's and for the great info on SyncB and Comenity also. 

This is indeed becoming a train...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 9 of 14
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the new card and great SL!

I have a Scheels Visa issued by FNBO and have been considering another FNBO card. The bank has nice periodic promos and is very fair on CLIs. So I recently apped for and got approved for the Evergreen card with a nice SL , and decent APR.  Of course they queried Experian.  Ack.  I think I'm back up to 5 now.

My online gardening skills are terrible.  I took the poor sprout out of my siggy because I'm so lousy at it, but now that it's warm here finally, I'm getting some real gardening done outside.  

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.