cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the FNBO train

rostrow416
Frequent Contributor

Joining the FNBO train

Well I lost my will power and checked by prequalifier for the FNBO Evergreen.  Got a preapproval for $15k at a 22% rate.  Last month I got $14k at 25%.  I figure they must want me, right?  Instant approval, $15k.  It was much easier to resist when credit was bad. 

EX 740  Inq 22  lol/24 Screenshot_20210512-143018_Chrome.jpg

Also have a pair of CLI declines to report - Amazon and Sportsman's Guide. 

Called in to Credit Solutions and asked for a $5k increase to $15k total.  It was a hard no without a counter.  I'm thinking that after $10k, time between CLI approval goes up.  Happened with my PayBoo card - I was getting CLIs every 2 months, but to go from 10k to 15k took 4.  So I'll give Amazon 3 more months since its been 3 since my last CLI.

Sportsman's Guide has been 4 months +1 day like clockwork, but this time got denied.  Letter stated that I've reached max limit on this account....OK.

I also decided to close my Overstock store card and next up is my Comenity Mastercard.  For some reason these accounts report a fraud alert that I used to have.  They decline stating that I have no number listed and that they can't contact me.  I believe these cards are on a different system than Sportsman's Guide.  Since no one at Comenity can help (I've mean trying for half a year now - secure message, phone, mail - got me nowhere) these accounts can go.

Well thats all for now.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Joining the FNBO train

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 14
gdale6

Grats and welcome to the FNBO fam!

Message 4 of 14
CreditAggie
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your FNBO approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9:

Credit Age:

Inquiries (6/12/24 month):

Banks & CUs:

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 14
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  I just learned about this card and it seems like it is solid.  I may get it because they seem to be very generous with starting limits!  

Revolving history: 1 year 7 months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Fingerhut $500
Quicksilver $600
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $3,200
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $6,000

Message 6 of 14
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Yep, when my credit was jacked up it never crossed my mind to app for anything. A lot easier then not to apply lol.

Big congrats to you on a pretty sweet approval!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
AODFCU Visa Signature 5K CL
Citi Custom Cash 6K
NFCU Cash Rewards 8K
Discover IT 2K
Cap 1 600
NFCU auto loan
Message 7 of 14
Optimistic1
Established Member

Congratulations!
My knees buckled this week and I joined, too. Looks like we're in good company. 

Message 8 of 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@rostrow416 wrote:

Well I lost my will power and checked by prequalifier for the FNBO Evergreen.  Got a preapproval for $15k at a 22% rate.  Last month I got $14k at 25%.  I figure they must want me, right?  Instant approval, $15k.  It was much easier to resist when credit was bad. 

EX 740  Inq 22  lol/24 

My sentiments exactly... Smiley Happy

Excellent approval, congrats.  Thank you for the DP's and for the great info on SyncB and Comenity also. 

This is indeed becoming a train...

|Biz | AU

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k
Message 9 of 14
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the new card and great SL!

I have a Scheels Visa issued by FNBO and have been considering another FNBO card. The bank has nice periodic promos and is very fair on CLIs. So I recently apped for and got approved for the Evergreen card with a nice SL , and decent APR.  Of course they queried Experian.  Ack.  I think I'm back up to 5 now.

My online gardening skills are terrible.  I took the poor sprout out of my siggy because I'm so lousy at it, but now that it's warm here finally, I'm getting some real gardening done outside.  

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.