Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July Spree: AmEx, Cap1, Citi, Chase, Discover, HD, Lowes, PenFed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

July Spree: AmEx, Cap1, Citi, Chase, Discover, HD, Lowes, PenFed

Hi Guys,

Been lurking for the last few months bettween work, new job, and general life things getting in the way.  

July has been a busy credit month for me.  Here's how thing played out:

New Truck Loan (2017 F150) through PenFed - $45,000 - APPROVED

Capital One CLI ($100) to $400

Citi Double Cash Card - $500 - APPROVED

Amazon Prme Visa - DENIED (Chase......uggg)

American Express PRG - APPROVED

Discover It - DENIED

Home Depot - $801 - APPROVED

Lowes - DENIED

I guess you win some and loose some.  I've appealed all the denials.

All the HD reports i've seen say to go into the store and ask for a CLI over the counter so I'm waiting until I head back into the store for that.  I'm redoing my front and back yards.  Total yard space is about 9,000 sq. ft. so should be able to slam some good spend through that.  Washer and dryer are on their way out the door too so looking forward to 0% if they increase the limit.

Citi DC will likely replace the CapOne given that I don't need two sub $1000 cards and Citi has no AF.  Once i have the card in hand I'll ask for a CLI to a more reasonable (see useful) limit.

AmEx apparently loves me PRG was instant.  Almost went for the Platinum but I'm holding off until I can get a 100k offer. (maybe, hopefully?)  Novemeber is my 6 month mark for them.

I'd love to hear your toughts and ideas for my future (after I spend some R&R time in the garden).  I'd really like to get in with Chase but I'm 5/24 blocked until May '19 given 5/24 rule.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July Spree: AmEx, Cap1, Citi, Chase, Discover, HD, Lowes, PenFed

Congrats on the truck and CCs!  AMEX Plat definitely if you will do some travelling. 

If you don't mind me asking, what interest rate did you get for the truck, and what report was pulled?  Thank you!  Planning on applying for an auto loan next year.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sleepless, 

PF gave me 5.10% on the truck loan.  Higher that I would have liked; however, Ford Motor Credit wouldn't touch me so so I figure that beggers cannot be choosers!

As for AmEx Plat: my company travel is increasing consistantly and they havn't forced me to start using my corporate card to book tickets\hotels yet so that means I can claim points.  I've been carefully booking SPG\Mariott hotels everywehre I go and using my SPG for those points and now with the PRG i'll book airfare on that card.  If I should receive an "offer I cannot refuse" for the Platinum I'll likely jump on it.  Given the history of 100k bonus offers with that card I can't see giving up the potential of 40k points just to hurry things along.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing the auto info!  Hopefully my car holds up until my scores get better.

Since you do business travel, the Plat AF will pay for itself right away.  Enjoy the lounges and hotel upgrades!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.