Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumped on the BB&T Train. Approved

tag
afr4life06
Contributor

Jumped on the BB&T Train. Approved

So i couldn't help it. Even with risk of losing my new CL with Chase because i just got approved for the CSP on Monday and was told they tend to look and make sure you not on a credit app spree.

How do you turn down a soft pull for a credit card. Nothing lost as far as inquiry. 

Applied for the Bright card with 0% for 15months and approved for 13K with 13.49%. Sounds like a win and now my highest CL card. Never thought i would see the day i would have a CL like this. Thank you all to everyone that helps on this forum especially in the rebuilding credit section.

Side Note: I stay in NY, but have a home in GA. I was told i could apply for the card with my GA address and have the card sent to my NY address. Didnt work out that way on the application. So i will have to have my family member ship me the card when it arrives. 

Profile: Credit Karma Average 730 Experian 754

Nasa FCU: 5800

Chase Freedom: 3000

Discover: 5800

Chase Slate: 1k

Amex: 8500

Walmart: 10K

Fingerhut: 1300

Utilization: 23%

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: Jumped on the BB&T Train. Approved

Wow.....just an awesome job of picking that low hanging fruit and turning it into gold :-) Bet it feels good! Enjoy you earned it!

Message 2 of 13
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats .....As long as you don’t go asking chase for more lines of credit right after you did a spree you should be ok......

And the soft pull approval helps 😌
Message 3 of 13
slither43
Regular Contributor

Big congrats! Welcome aboard! The train keeps chugging along!

Message 4 of 13
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That’s a nice limit!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congats great SL and APR

Message 6 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Great SL and APR! Congrats! Train’s getting full...

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 13
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats @afr4life06! Temptation - the struggle is real Smiley LOL With so many approvals and success stories it's like their just giving it all away lol Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express!!

Message 8 of 13
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

@afr4life06 wrote:

So i couldn't help it. Even with risk of losing my new CL with Chase because i just got approved for the CSP on Monday and was told they tend to look and make sure you not on a credit app spree.

How do you turn down a soft pull for a credit card. Nothing lost as far as inquiry. 

Applied for the Bright card with 0% for 15months and approved for 13K with 13.49%. Sounds like a win and now my highest CL card. Never thought i would see the day i would have a CL like this. Thank you all to everyone that helps on this forum especially in the rebuilding credit section.

Side Note: I stay in NY, but have a home in GA. I was told i could apply for the card with my GA address and have the card sent to my NY address. Didnt work out that way on the application. So i will have to have my family member ship me the card when it arrives. 

Profile: Credit Karma Average 730 Experian 754

Nasa FCU: 5800

Chase Freedom: 3000

Discover: 5800

Chase Slate: 1k

Amex: 8500

Walmart: 10K

Fingerhut: 1300

Utilization: 23%

BIG, BIG Congrats!!

And, from all the reports, I think this is the first $13,000 SL. It's been always $10,500 and then $15,000 (highest reported SL so far). May be the developers added a new tier to their approval algorithm...

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new BB&T card! Always nice with a SP! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.