cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June Approval Spree! 4 for 4! Any others recommended?

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

June Approval Spree! 4 for 4! Any others recommended?

After years of working on my credit rebuilding, I am happy to say I was able to go 4-4 in my June approval spree!

Amex Blue Cash; $1,000 SL

Discover IT $1,000 SL

Citi Costco $3,500 SL

Barclay NFL Etra Points $3,500 SL

I am looking forward to closing my Blaze and First Savings sub primes in the very near future! It's a great feeling coming back from the dead! LoL.

Thanks to all on this board that gave the tips to get back on track, it is a very good resource! 

Are there any other cards that anyone reccomends to close out my June spree?  630-650 scores right now. 

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: June Approval Spree! 4 for 4! Any others recommended?

Good job on the approvals. Let these age and grow and build history before adding more cards. You have a solid base, no need to add more just for the sake of it
Message 2 of 19
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@adamkingadam wrote:

After years of working on my credit rebuilding, I am happy to say I was able to go 4-4 in my June approval spree!

Discover IT $1,000 SL

Citi Costco $3,500 SL

I am looking forward to closing my Blaze and First Savings sub primes in the very near future! It's a great feeling coming back from the dead! LoL.

Thanks to all on this board that gave the tips to get back on track, it is a very good resource! 

Are there any other cards that anyone reccomends to close out my June spree?  630-650 scores right now. 

Congrats on the approvals! I also have a Blue Cash and I love it. I do think that you should let those four cards grow and age a bit before you add any others. Grow those cards, Amex and Discover can be amazing with CLI's.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow 4 big ,4 different lenders, in one spree! Nice job!. Let them age and grow , you will have a great profile in no time. Congrats!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 19
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@adamkingadam wrote:

Discover IT $1,000 SL

Citi Costco $3,500 SL

Big congrats OP and really nice line up of cards!  I completely understand your excitement, as I'm rebuilding, myself! I agree with the other posters, as far as sitting tight for a bit and letting your accounts age, if there is nothing else you really feel you need at this point in the way of a card for a specific purpose (like, for example, if you were in need of a medical procedure, I might suggest Care Credit for the zero percent interest).  You've got some great cards that have the capacity to grow quite a bit!! You should be proud of your progress, so keep it up!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 5 of 19
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone, I will take the advice and enter the garden! 

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 6 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the sweep!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamkingadam wrote:

Thanks everyone, I will take the advice and enter the garden! 

I agree that's best. Congrats on your new cards!  Don't forget to request an increase on the AmEx at 61 days. Search the forums here for info.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 9 of 19
degs138
Established Contributor

No more cards, you were borderline in with AMEX and Discover.  Let the cards grow.  You should get some of them up to 5k+ and your scores up then you can start applying for prime cards with Visa+ and better rewards.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.