Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got a Chase Freedom CLI Online

tag
jed2009
Established Member

Just Got a Chase Freedom CLI Online

Just wanted to share a recent experience I had with a CLI from Chase using their online message center.

I had been reading and it sounded like the best option for CLI from Chase is to either wait for it to come, or call and bicker with the right customer service rep.  Otherwise, you might be SOL.  My opening CL with Chase was $1k (when I was new.)  They put me at $5k after a year or so, and then $6.5k after I opened the AmEx.  Nothing after that.  I recently contacted them and asked if they could PC my Freedom to the new Unlimited + keep the $150 on $500 spend bonus, and lower my APR (24% w/ a 770 CS, are you kidding me?) and increase CL.  They responded in the negative, but told me to provide the necessary info and they would consider a CLI.

My intention was to PC to the Unlimited and keep the spend bonus, but if I have to open up a seperate card, not a huge deal for $150 savings & 15 mo 0%.  I proceeded to provide them the necessary info (I made sure to mention a certain blue, see-through card gave me $15k CL in under half the time I've been with Chase,) and they approved a $3,500 CLI via the Message Center.  Only took under 24 hours.

Just wanted to share this with others who may find it useful.  Perhaps they are putting a bigger focus on their online communications.  Perhaps it was specific to my situation since I had requested a PC as well and had a heightened level of attention (maybe a senior representative?)  Not sure, but hopefully it'll help someone get a CLI via online in the future.  Now I'm off to open my Unlimited as well and enjoy a free $150 plus 15 months of no APR.

Cheers,
jed

My Financial Freedom Website: https://bloodstoneamplification.wordpress.com/
Credit Lines: VCU - 1,000 /// Chase Freedom - 10,000 /// Chase Unlimited - 10,000 /// AmEx BCE - 15,000
Scores as of May 2016: FICO: 758 - CreditKarma: EQ 760 / TU 766
Scores as of Feb 2014: EQ 669 / Exp 685 / TU 693
New Goal Score: 775+ /// Old Goal Score: 720+ (Goal MET!)
Gardening start date: June 9, 2014
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got a Chase Freedom CLI Online

The title of your post got me all excited - I thought they brought back the love button... lol. Anyway, congrats on your increase!

Message 2 of 10
jed2009
Established Member

What do you mean?  I don't mean for it to be misleading.

Credit Lines: VCU - 1,000 /// Chase Freedom - 10,000 /// Chase Unlimited - 10,000 /// AmEx BCE - 15,000
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jed2009 wrote:

What do you mean?  I don't mean for it to be misleading.

I was just joking around, don't worry, you're fine. Enjoy your increase! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Interesting story, good for you on the increase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Did this result in a hard pull?

Message 6 of 10
william23
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The title of your post got me all excited - I thought they brought back the love button... lol. Anyway, congrats on your increase!

Wait? they had that option before?! Why would they remove it!

Message 7 of 10
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I was just bout to login to my Chase account to check the luv button until I read the entire post LOL!

PS: Chase used to have a CLI button online?! I learn something new here everyday!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Did this result in a hard pull?

Almost guaranteed that it did.

Message 9 of 10
jed2009
Established Member

CreditKarma report shows no hard pull for this.  It updated today as I just applied and was approved the the Unlimited, (10k instant CL, nice!) and that showed a hard pull.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.