cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got my first American Express Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got my first American Express Card!

Congrats on the approvals!Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice cards to continue your credit journey, WTG on the Disco SL!

Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Welcome to the Amex fam... definetly my favorite of the lenders. 

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am just now trying to rebuild my credit, with TU 694, EF 661, EX 669, so I have only one credit card for a few years, and have applied for two this weekend.  Amex Magnet was the only one that appeared when I went to the Amex prequalify page, so I applied and was approved with a 2k limit.  I also applied for the discover IT card and was approved for 8k limit.  Just trying to make sure I do things appropriately so I grow my credit score. 

That is so awesome, very exciting! Love how you're approaching things - congrats!!!

Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I have a current credit report, pulled 1 day after approvals.   I show 1 hard inquiry from American Express, but I show 0 inquiries from Discover. 

Did you have a preapproval code/offer? I applied with a code from a mail offer they had sent back in January and was approved with a SP.

Message 25 of 46
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am just now trying to rebuild my credit, with TU 694, EF 661, EX 669, so I have only one credit card for a few years, and have applied for two this weekend.  Amex Magnet was the only one that appeared when I went to the Amex prequalify page, so I applied and was approved with a 2k limit.  I also applied for the discover IT card and was approved for 8k limit.  Just trying to make sure I do things appropriately so I grow my credit score. 

> Yes! Congrats! 

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Super Congrats on your Amex Magnet and Discover It SLs! Smiley Very Happy

As has been previously stated, Amex is world renowned for their

customer service. You treat them well and they will respond in kind.

It will prove to be one of the best decisions you ever make. Smiley Very Happy

In addition, Amex has a "2 for 1" offer: one revolving card (like your Magnet)

and one charge card (like Amex Green or PRG) on the same hard pull within

30 days. Even better is that forum members have reported Amex approving

2 revolvers and 1 charge card within 90 days. So as you can see, many options

are at your disposal provided you care and feed your Amex accounts properly. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats once again on your success. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 28 of 46
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats! Make sure to take care of it, I wish I had of mine. Getting a prg again will be the redemption of my rebuild.

Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bodyboy1

> Yes!   Keep the Magnet.

Apply for the PRG (GOLD CARD) when you are ready,  hopefully not another inquiry.

They may give you POT (pay over time).

I feel weary of applying for the Amex PRG, I feel like I could be rejected for that offer?  Or is the premise try, and it does not matter if I am rejected, becuase it will not cost me a hard inquiry?

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.