Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got the Chase Freedom with over 5 Cards in 24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Got the Chase Freedom with over 5 Cards in 24

I just got approved for Chase Freedom with the following profile and I am wondering if Chase uses the same hard pull if I go for another card? I wanted the united or disney cobranded card.

I have 8, you heard it, 8 cards in less than 12 months and just got the Chase freedom with a starting line of 1000$ which matches the sl of my other cards and I am okay with that, as I am in the door now with them.

I got a Capital one secured in April 2015 which I would like to close after having a full 6 months of history with my new cards.

Capital one platinum that I PC to quicksilver last month and I got it in Dec 2015 that started with 1000 and just received a cli to 2000

Capital one quicksilver that I got in Dec 2015 with 500 and it was cli to 1500$ last month

and I have 5 store cards all obtained through sct between Nov and Dec of 2015

Fingerhut prescreen 1000$ started at 650 cli to 1000$ last month

HSN started at 1000$

ann taylor 500$

jcrew started at 250 and now it is at 650$

overstock started at 250 and now it is at 850$

After the suggestion of someone on the credit card application section with a similar profile to mine, thanks GOOSES, I went for it and got the 1000$.

I now want to go for the United or Disney, it will help if they use the same hard pull.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got the Chase Freedom with over 5 Cards in 24

I applied for CSP+Freedom within 30 secs of each other and still got 2 rounds of pulls (2 double pulls, ouch!) so I would expect the same from any of their cards
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats !!

Message 4 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for CSP+Freedom within 30 secs of each other and still got 2 rounds of pulls (2 double pulls, ouch!) so I would expect the same from any of their cards

Good point!

Some are fortunate where they are lucky enough that one will do from them. But for me? ALWAYS a double pull and a chief reason they are on my back burner for later on down the line sometime when there's room for them to drop those doubles on a near INQ clean sheet Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! on your Chase success with those OP!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Everyone for the congrats and the encouragement. I am still learning a lot within the forum and all of the good advice is paying off.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good point!

Some are fortunate where they are lucky enough that one will do from them. But for me? ALWAYS a double pull and a chief reason they are on my back burner for later on down the line sometime when there's room for them to drop those doubles on a near INQ clean sheet Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! on your Chase success with those OP!

Chase only pulled EX once for me when I applied for the freedom and freedom unlimited 60 seconds apart. 

Message 7 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Expect another pull (if you don't get a HP consider yourself lucky). Given the $1k starting limit on Freedom I'd give it some time before you apply for another Chase card.
Message 8 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The HP may end up being merged, but I still don't think applying is a good idea. The 1k limit on the Freedom indicates a rather borderline approval. Further approval for other products is probably not in the cards (pun intended) right now. Don't just focus on merged HPs, focus on the bigger picture. If I were you, I'd wait 6 months and then try for the next Chase card. Build up some history with them, etc.

Message 9 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

The HP may end up being merged, but I still don't think applying is a good idea. The 1k limit on the Freedom indicates a rather borderline approval. Further approval for other products is probably not in the cards (pun intended) right now. Don't just focus on merged HPs, focus on the bigger picture. If I were you, I'd wait 6 months and then try for the next Chase card. Build up some history with them, etc.

Definitely agree with kdm31091,

even though the second set of pulls may be merged to one by cra's, you had a borderline approval freedom and another app with Chase would be pushing the limits. I did the same mistake with Amex last week, but at least already having an account with, i did not lose any HP. I would hold off on the second app until you are out of 5/24 and your freedom ages a little.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.