cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just get Pre-Approved For Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard!!!!

tag
ginagirl1027

Re: Just get Pre-Approved For Fuel Rewards Network Mastercard!!!!

I to received the pre-approval message. I already have several Comenity cards including the Sportsmans guide and MyPoints Visa. I was suprised that I was given the 7-10 day message and also suprised that it was indeed a hard pull on equifax. Waiting to see what the reason for denial is given that I was just approved for a Southwest airlines visa signature card.

Message 61 of 106
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ginagirl1027 wrote:

I to received the pre-approval message. I already have several Comenity cards including the Sportsmans guide and MyPoints Visa. I was suprised that I was given the 7-10 day message and also suprised that it was indeed a hard pull on equifax. Waiting to see what the reason for denial is given that I was just approved for a Southwest airlines visa signature card.

Maybe you reached a certain threshold with them?  Hopefully the letter will be able to provide some insight on the reasons.

Message 62 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@ginagirl1027 wrote:

Sorry to hear. I heard a few people from other forum gotten HP because they freeze EXP report. 

Ron.

Message 63 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

The TrueValue card was a mistake, but since I took the HP -- I decided to get it.  When I say "mistake", I mean I was filling out the app (trying for another popup) and usually you would think, if you're submitting an app the button to click would say "submit", but it said "continue" and when I clicked "continue" it took my info and processed it.  umm oopps Smiley Frustrated

Not to Hijack this thread........  When I called Comenity/TrueValue to say -- Hey, that was a short app and I thought there would be another screen, so I hit "continue" and it was too late -- took a HP....I guess the SS# in the app should of been my clue, but I really thought there was more application on the next page.....sigh.....

However, they do offer

• $10 off your first purchase at True Value using your credit card*
  • 3% earned on True Value purchases** 
  • 2% earned on gas and groceries**
  • 1% earned on all other purchases**
  • 0% financing - No Interest if paid in full within 6 months, minimum $299 purchase required.  Interest will be charged to your account (at the standard variable APR) within the promotional period of if you make a late payment.
  • Purchase Protection
  • 24/7 Roadside Assistance

I have gotten any pre-approval True Value Discover. I don't buy anything at True Value. They closed all True Value where I live. I don't see any advantage getting the card.

Ron.

Message 64 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

I have 3 Comenity backed cards already -- Total Rewards, MyPoints and TrueValue....more than enough..

Finstar*  I love your animated pics you post -- cracking up !!!

Wow!!!Smiley Surprised How did you get TruValue? By shopping trick?

Ron.

Message 65 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

awww, no pop up for me and I registered yesterday and everytime I hit the credit card it goes to app with pre-filled info.......lol....nope.....Just wanted to see if I could get the pop up ~~~~ isn't that sad   lol.

Went back to Sportsmanguide and sure enough got that Pop up again.................No thanks!!

Yes, it is sad ...LOL.    Give it some time... I would agree, I would lean toward the Total Rewards Visa or Fuel Rewards Network MC.

Finstar,

I would take FRN MC over Total Rewards Visa. FRN will save money on gas. I rarely go to Vegas. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 66 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Javagafire wrote:

Signed up and got approved for 16k!

Btw i have a security freeze on experian but they pulled from EQ. Yes a hard inq on my EQ. Whoever is saying this is SP is wrong. be warned.

Congrats!!!Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Message 67 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:
I went and signed up... filled my info... and no pre approval... shoping trick has never worked for me :-( im opted in...

Oh bummer.  It's not ready yet.  Based on Ron's post, sometimes it can take some time.  He was registered online over a year ago and the pop-up just recently displayed for him.  Some folks eventually find success (after sevral attempts) based on threads for the Sportmans Guide Visa or the Total Rewards Visa.

Finstar,

Have you tried it?

Ron.

Well, what do you know...I signed back up today, and the pop-up appeared Ron!  But, I passed on it (for now LOL), since as you know I'm waiting on the other two.  Maybe I'll consider it down the road since I have to see if it doesn't overlap any of the other programs I have.

Finstar,

Yes, I know. It's not going to hurt your chances without no HP Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 68 of 106
Ron1
Super Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

There's a Shell station near where I'm staying so the deal would save money.

Does the card report? I probably wouldn't get the offer, being opted out.

Yes, it does. It reported to EXP, TU.

Ron.

Can't believe it reported that quickly!

That being said, I'm opted-out and am unwilling to risk an HP. I did sign up and will use it for gas with another MC.

I didn't see mine reporting. Where did they report?

Ron.

Message 69 of 106
krial
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I haven't gotten any pre-approval for HSN MC, Sportman Guide Visa and Total Rewrds Visa. I have been trying for months.

Ron.

I never got the HSN popup at all until I entered valid credit card information and continued to the next page, now it pops up every single time -- but I always have to enter different credit card information first. The order review page before final submission always has the little box in the bottom left corner now (as long as I have $2000 or less in my cart). It just shows the HSN card though, don't know if the Visa shows up differently or what.

Sportsman's Guide started popping up as soon as my score hit about 660, so yours should be doing more than showing up... I'm surprised they don't jump out of your screen and start slapping you across the face with the popup.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 70 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.