Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Amex after Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got Amex after Chapter 7

Hi All,

This seems to be a popular topic so I thought I'd share my story.  I filed BK7 in 2011, (discharged 10/2011); burned Amex for around $15k.

I had the Green card since 2000.  Applied several times this year and was denied with no hard pull and the reason ,"Amex closed your previous account...".  I tried again on Nov 4 and much to my surprise was approved for the Green card!  They put my "Member Since" on my card at 2009 for some reason, but on the website and app it says 2000. They pulled EX 727, my income is $65k and they set my "pay over time" limit at $20k.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Just got Amex after Chapter 7

Congrats on the success, great to be back in with Amex!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool story, BD. Nice perseverance on your part -- many people would've quit trying. Congratulations! 

Any plans to app other Amex cards?

Message 3 of 7
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky, I burned them for $2,000 on a gold card with a discharge date of 7/2011. Everytime I apply I get the “denied to to recent account closed by american express”. Even though im an AU on a $30k hilton card with them. So annoyed... id like to add a delta card to my collection 😥
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool story, BD. Nice perseverance on your part -- many people would've quit trying. Congratulations! 

Any plans to app other Amex cards?

No. I think I'll lay low for a while. Don't want to poke the bear.

Message 6 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on getting back in with AMEX!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.