Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for one of my most wanted cards. Citi AA

tag
George528
Contributor

Just got approved for one of my most wanted cards. Citi AA

Im stunned at this approval.  I have wanted this one and the bonus (50k miles ) for a long time. I know this card is not an easy one to get and I just read of someone getting approved with an EQ in the 655 range and mine is just a bit higher than that but I was not  going to try for this one til I was at 700 or higher.  CL is 4k which is pretty good.  What a difference a couple of years makes in working hard to improve your credit.    

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just got approved for one of my most wanted cards. Citi AA

Congrats.. Which card?

Message 2 of 18
George528
Contributor

Citibank American Aitlines Platinum Select.  Spend 3k and get 50k bonus miles.  

Message 3 of 18
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

Congrats, that's probably my approval you mentioned, as I was approved last night with my EQ at 657. I'm happy you got the card you've been wanting! I can't wait to meet my bonus!
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 4 of 18
George528
Contributor

It was yours and I am glad you posted your info.  It helped me make the decision to apply.  I am glad I did.    Thanks for the assist.  

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@George528 wrote:

Im stunned at this approval.  I have wanted this one and the bonus (50k miles ) for a long time. I know this card is not an easy one to get and I just read of someone getting approved with an EQ in the 655 range and mine is just a bit higher than that but I was not  going to try for this one til I was at 700 or higher.  CL is 4k which is pretty good.  What a difference a couple of years makes in working hard to improve your credit.    

How do you get 50K offers for that card? All I see is 30K if you spend $1K in 90 days , 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It's nice to get what you want isn't it?

Well done!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! There's nothing like getting that card you've been salivating over. I nearly cried when AMEX approved me as I have literally wanted one since I was a little kid. The Stephen King commercial really sold me!

Message 9 of 18
George528
Contributor

@Jimmy420 wrote:

@George528 wrote:

How do you get 50K offers for that card? All I see is 30K if you spend $1K in 90 days , 

I have been an Advantage member for years and they send me  offers every month.  It has been frustrating knowing I am not qualified for these offers.  Once I saw someone elses acceptance with a score very similar to mine I applied.  It is 50k if I spend 3k in 90 days and the annual fee waived for the first year.  Plus of course free bags,  group 1 boarding etc..  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.