Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my first real CC! QS1!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my first real CC! QS1!

I've been building for around 6 months now. I've gone from a 590 to a 650 across the board. Got a lot of cards with the shopping cart trick, then just took every pre approval offer that came in the mail. Got some very bad cards like First Premier, then Credit One, then Merrick Bank. Finally applied for the card I wanted, QS1 and I was approved! Now I want to use it exclusively and in the next 6 months I want to upgrade it to the Venture card Smiley Happy

So excited!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Re: Just got my first real CC! QS1!

congrats!

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 2 of 16
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations OP ! 

Just got in myself with this card, SL is $2,000.00 , in the Credit Steps program with Cap-1. Hopefully,  we'll see our lines grow ! 

Again, congratulations! !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job Op, enjoy itSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is GOOD NEWS! Enjoy your new cards. What is your Spending Limit?
Message 5 of 16
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your QS1 approval........different people have different experiences with Cap1............some grow, a lot don't.......but take care of it and use as a stepping stone to better and more good cards.  I would recommend laying off the  Comenity cards.   Credit One has been bashed a lot here but it is not a bad rebuilding card

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

Congrats on your QS1 approval........different people have different experiences with Cap1............some grow, a lot don't.......but take care of it and use as a stepping stone to better and more good cards.  I would recommend laying off the  Comenity cards.   Credit One has been bashed a lot here but it is not a bad rebuilding card

There is this obsesion on credit sites with constantly growing credit lines.  I think a lot of it has to do with ego more than any practical need.  Capital One, in my opinion, could be critisized for giving people with marginal credit too much too soon.  What is the real need for huge credit lines anyway?  You can pay down the balance anytime you want online, right? 
As far as Credit One, I have first hand experience with the parent company of that card, and, in my opinion, they are complete and utter trash, and should be avoided at all cost.

Message 7 of 16
funkeymoney

You will probably only be able to upgrade to the Venture1 or QS mastercard with no annual fee. Have you done research between the two? As far as I know they will not change rates or from Mastercard to Visa. I was given this option after about 3 months of VERY heavy use and that's what they told me. I definitely think the QS is the better of the two.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations.This is a good card with cash back.. Be sure to use heavily but pay heavily as well. Doing this will ensure you get a healthy cli before you cred it steps increase assuming you push the luv button. I started the card with a small $500 limit and pushed the luv button at 4 months for a $1000 cli and then got an additional $500 at 5 months. I'm waiting about 2-3 weeks to push the button again. Congratulations again.

Message 9 of 16
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

There is this obsesion on credit sites with constantly growing credit lines.  I think a lot of it has to do with ego more than any practical need.  Capital One, in my opinion, could be critisized for giving people with marginal credit too much too soon.  What is the real need for huge credit lines anyway?  You can pay down the balance anytime you want online, right? 
As far as Credit One, I have first hand experience with the parent company of that card, and, in my opinion, they are complete and utter trash, and should be avoided at all cost.

There ya' go my point exactly......it gets to be a matter of opinion in the credit card world.............credit is a valuable asset, it is a necessity for most people especially homeowners.  Try to get a mortgage or get good terms on a car loan, or personal loan  with bad credit............your job title, time on job, and ability to make down payment  doesn't matter with poor credit.............credit cards can be  a big part of the picture...........and the higher credit limits you get usually is proportianate to your score and credit rating.   

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.