cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined NFCU- Platinum card approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined NFCU- Platinum card approval!

I just joined NFCU today and decided to pull the trigger on the Platinum card. Got the 24 hr “we’ll get back to you” notice. I had applied to BT around $2900. A few hours later I got a text saying I was approved, so I called in to see what my SL would be.... $1k. =/

I guess my balance transfers arent going to happen, but I’m thrilled just to be in the door with NFCU! How long before that $1k can get CLI’d?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just joined NFCU- Platinum card approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just joined NFCU today and decided to pull the trigger on the Platinum card. Got the 24 hr “we’ll get back to you” notice. I had applied to BT around $2900. A few hours later I got a text saying I was approved, so I called in to see what my SL would be.... $1k. =/

I guess my balance transfers arent going to happen, but I’m thrilled just to be in the door with NFCU! How long before that $1k can get CLI’d?

I believe it is 3 statements/91 days minimum.  Congrats on the card!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat-ru-rations!   Robot Happy

Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

HEY, you're in thats what count doodle buttSmiley Happy lol, i can't get enough saying your usernameSmiley Happy. On your first cli attempt , tell them you know Average Joe, they will hook ya upSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations 👏🏾 Welcome to the Fam Bam!
Message 5 of 19
CivalV
Established Contributor

Hey as long as your in! Congratulations 🎉

I feel ya on the 1K SL & BT transfer. I want to open a NFCU membership so I can apply for the NFCU Plat and do a BT of $1400. If I am not able to receive an approval or SL that will keep the card UTL under 28.9% then I will throw my cash to that $1400 instead of my Cap 1 of $2700. Decisions, decisions.
Message 6 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats. Yes 91 days and e statements.

Jump on the NFCU thread and read it you have about 12 hours to kill lol.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 19
Merlin3482
Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

Message 8 of 19
rbentley
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
HEY, you're in thats what count doodle buttSmiley Happy lol, i can't get enough saying your usernameSmiley Happy. On your first cli attempt , tell them you know Average Joe, they will hook ya upSmiley Wink

I tried that at PenFed and they CLD me instead.  Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 19
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

First congratulations OP

Now immediately go to NFCU online and send a secure message. Talk about how excited you are to be a part of NFCU. Ask them if you can recon the SL and tell the truth. You want to do a BT of $2,900 and you don’t want to max out the card.

What do you have to lose?
If they say no, you’re where you started—a happy NFCU Member.

But what IF?
What if they say yes, and give you a larger SL? (There’s a 50/50 possibility)

And if the answer is yes—Voila. The stars have aligned.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.