Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just want to share my positive story of recent CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to share my positive story of recent CLI

Sorry for the long post, just trying to include all the details in case people have questions later.

I started off college with a BoA cash rewards card with a $700 limit and a wells fargo card with a $400 limit. I've also taken out several small student loans each year for college expenses.

This past summer I had a solid internship so my finances were in better order. So about 5 months ago I began shopping for more credit cards. Ended up getting the boa travel rewards card with a $5000 limit and an amex everyday card with a $6000 limit.

Then, about a month ago I also got approved for the citi thank you preffered card with a $5700 limit.

Yesterday I decided to try my luck with the 3x CLI with amex since it had been over 3 months. I was reading on here that there wouldn't be a hard pull so it was worth a shot. Got instantly approved online for the $18,000 limit! 

I've had a good track record with my boa travel card as well, using it for large purchases but also paying off large sums each month. I knew there would be a hard pull if I hit the luv button, but I was feeling good and went for it. I requested $12,000 and they gave me $10,100 instead, also instantly approved!

This brings my current cards to:

$     400 Wells Fargo

$     700 BoA Cash Rewards

$  5,700 Citi Thankyou Preffered

$10,100 BoA Travel Rewards

$18,000 Amex Everyday

$34,900 Total Credit

This is way more than I'll use, but it will help me keep great utilization ratios, and I think I'll be starting off my life after college with an opportunity to have great credit. I think in a few more months I'll ask for a CLI on the other cards as well, just because it seems odd to have one card with a $400 limit and another with $18,000. 

Wanted to come back and share my experience so others could also have the courage to apply for more credit, and thank those who shared their stories beforehand.

A little about me: I'm a college student, about to graduate in 2 months and begin my career making 65000 (this is what I've been including on my credit card applications).

Curremt creditkarma score: 718

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just want to share my positive story of recent CLI

Congrats that's awesome. Definitely a good feeling.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your journey and Cli's 

how long has it been since you got your travel rewards cli ? If within 30 days, I suggest you call the 

back door and use the same pull to get a cli on your cash rewards .they will use the same HP if within 30 days.

Message 4 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 6 of 10
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!   And oh I was wondering if that was a possibilit...

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Congrats on your journey and Cli's 

how long has it been since you got your travel rewards cli ? If within 30 days, I suggest you call the 

back door and use the same pull to get a cli on your cash rewards .they will use the same HP if within 30 days.

Thanks!

And oh I was wondering if that was a possibility, but I couldn't find any information on it. Yes I got the CLI just yesterday. I will definitely call them and see if they will increase the limit using the same HP. I wonder what credit limit I should ask for? It's strange having one card at $10,100 and another with just $700 at the same bank. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, or if you can link me to somewhere where I can find information like this.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks! And oh I was wondering if that was a possibilit...

Update:

I called the number on the back of the card and they told me that I would have to do 1 HP pull for each CLI. I told them I'd think about it. I ended up asking for an increase from $700 to $5000 anyways. I got the 7-10 business days message, so I figured I asked for too much.

I realized what you meant by backdoor was to call a special number, so I searched this forum for the BoA credit analyst backdoor number, and called that.

I talked to a new person, and they said they'd review the CLI. He countered with $2000 instead of $5000, which works for me.

At the end of the conversation, I asked if this was 1 inquiry or 2, and he said just one, and read me that date of 3/26 on the report (the day I applied for the travel rewards CLI).

Basically, it worked! Got the CLI on just one hard pull. Thanks again for the advice!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats on your success !!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.