Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just went on a huge app spree

tag
afijunkie
Contributor

Just went on a huge app spree

After paying off all my debt this last year, I decided to upgrade my wallet and apparantly my car. 

Amex Blue Cash - 4k

Discover it - 3.5k

CapitalOne PC'd from Platinum to Quicksilver - 5k

BofA Cash Rewards - 3.5k

Costco Visa - 5.5k 

Chase DIsney - 6k

On top of that my old car died and got an auto loan for a 3.35% for 60 months, right after spending 3k to fix it. I think Im done for at least a year. Any ideas on how long it it take my score to rebound?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just went on a huge app spree

Nice job! I did something similar and 2 months later my scores were 10-15 pts higher than before I started. You will take a ding right away, but everything should rebound pretty quick!

Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, when you spree you go wheeeeee , getting diversity all in one shotSmiley Wink. Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores at this point are only dropping from the inquiries.  You'll see a further drop once the accounts start reporting to the CRAs.  Your AoYA is going to drop to 0 and no doubt you'll see a reduction in AAoA as well.  "new accounts" can lower your scores.  Typically for a couple 2-3 accounts, scores can rebound in 4-6 months.  Since you have a bit more than that, I'd think they'd rebound in probably 8-9 months.  Keep in mind it will take 12 months for those inquiries to become unscoreable, so you'll see a score gain when those hit the 1 year mark.

Message 4 of 17
afijunkie
Contributor

Thanks everyone. Im officially gardening as there is nothing else I need to apply over. My next goal would be to get those limits above 10k.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would guess Amex, Discover and  BOA should grow within your first year. Citi does give soft pull CLIs but they aren't as "generous" as those three with how much and how often. 

Amex - Try at 61 days and then every 6 months try for a CLI.

Discover: I'd recommend every 30 days until you figure out how often they will incresae you. I'm on the 90 day cycle but some are on quicker ones than that. But it's a soft pull each time so you can go to town everyday if you really wanted to I suppose.

BOA: Don't have them but I've seen lots of MF love for them and their CLIs. Hopefully a card carrying member can chime in.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approvals. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!! That's a terrific spree there

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats a spree well worth it !

Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Boa will most likely be hp but in my opinion well worth the hp when requesting cli. Use it and pay timely and Boa should treat you right. Depending on your profile and income i could actually vizualize you cracking 10k on your first cli request in 3- 6 months. When you see the request cli button appear it means you are eligble to try for increase, though remember YMMV so its never a 100% thing.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.