Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay/Jared Sterling Jewelers auto CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kay/Jared Sterling Jewelers auto CLI

So you had the same line on both cards and they increased them the same amount?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 separate cards and 2 separate credit lines. Did you say they're splitting your credit line evenly between the two cards?

Message 12 of 16
_NERD
Established Contributor

Yes. Log into your account's online. They'll have the same credit limit. But when you look at your credit report, you'll see that they share one credit limit. It appears they each only have half the total credit limit, but you can use the full credit limit shown in your account at either store. The credit limits on my accounts change monthly. One will go up a few dollars while the other one goes down a few dollars, regardless of use.

It's strange. That's why I want to close one of my accounts tomorrow morning. I want the full credit limit showing on one account on my credit reports.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Message 14 of 16
NichelleN
Established Contributor

It's always been my understanding that Sterling gives an auto CLI on a 9 month interval (unless you go into a store and ask for an increase for a purchase). At least that's what I was told some time ago by a customer service rep over the phone.

More than enough credit.
Message 15 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Both these Storefront brands and their financing dept are owned by Signet/Sterling Brands.....

http://www.racked.com/2015/8/7/9111683/kay-jared-zales-signet-jewelers

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.