Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeper card approval

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Keeper card approval

I have been holding out on new personal card apps because I wanted the Chase World of Hyatt but the bonus is really lacking these days. I was approved Friday for the Affinity FCU. Spend $3000 in 90 days for a $200 bonus. 

5% amaxon

5% rotating categories

cell phone insurance

no ftf 

Etc.  

I feel this is a real keeper card worth spending a 5/24 slot on (I open another slot in November anyways). This seems a lot better than the Amazon Chase card as well. The application was quick and painless. I believe also in supporting credit unions and all reports are really good. 

If you are an Affinity member, feel free to chime in with your experiences. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Keeper card approval

Congrats on the affinity FCU approval !! Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on your Affinity Approval!

Message 3 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Affinity FCU approval 👍🏼

Message 4 of 14
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Affinity approval!  Smiley Happy 

I'm definitely one of Affinity's biggest fans, and I think @PullingMeSoftly  is, as well. Just out of curiousity, what was your SL and APR?  EX score at the time of app?

You obviously have done your homework, so you're familiar with the rewards structure. You'll see from experience just how impressive this card is. And you're right, it's better than the Chase Amazon card...the past 2 years Q4 has been 10% Amazon, 5% Walmart/Target and this year they added Grocery too. And a Prime subscription isn't necessary, unless you just enjoy 2-day shipping. (which isn't really 2-day shipping anymore these days, but I digress)

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 5 of 14
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

I joined Affinity in January.  I like them a lot.  A personal welcome phone call, good rates on their savings account, this nice card, etc.  I'll apply for this card in the future for sure.

Message 6 of 14
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

Congrats on your Affinity approval!  Smiley Happy 

I'm definitely one of Affinity's biggest fans, and I think @PullingMeSoftly  is, as well. Just out of curiousity, what was your SL and APR?  EX score at the time of app?

You obviously have done your homework, so you're familiar with the rewards structure. You'll see from experience just how impressive this card is. And you're right, it's better than the Chase Amazon card...the past 2 years Q4 has been 10% Amazon, 5% Walmart/Target and this year they added Grocery too. And a Prime subscription isn't necessary, unless you just enjoy 2-day shipping. (which isn't really 2-day shipping anymore these days, but I digress)

Oh I forgot the Amazon stacked! Wow that's good. 

I was approved over the weekend but I haven't received my terms yet. I'm told I'm supposed to receive a DocuSign but haven't seen it. 

Message 7 of 14
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congrats on Affinty approval! 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 8 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Affinity FCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Affinity approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.