Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keybank Preapprovals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keybank Preapprovals

Just wanted to share my experience in case you get any preapproval letter from Keybank. 

A few months ago I had applied for a PLOC just to diversify my credit profile. All I have is credit cards.  I was declined, they said too many obligations but really, we don't have much debt. Only small balances. I didn't want to fight it so I ignored the letter.

A week ago, I was sent home a preapproval letter from Keybank for the exact same loan I had applied for. The rate is 8.99 which is about what other banks are offering too.  I didn't know if it was solid and didn't want another pull, but upon researching I went ahead and applied for it over it the phone giving the rep the invitiation number and offer number.  Within 2 days they called me back telling me I was approved and I had to go to a nearby center to sign documents. 

While inside the center and filling out documents, the banker tried to upsell my on a few items. One of them was the 15 months no interest credit card which is something I want (home renovation is part of our plan). I asked her if I was preapproved, she looked and said yes. The manager came over to greet me and tell me all about their products and mentioned to me that if I wanted the card there would be no addition CR pull. They will use the CR they had on file! 

I thought, wow, that is great. Let's do it. And the next day I got approved for the card as well. Both are being sent to me. Just wanted to share my experience. Keybank is near my home so I like the convience of that. I hope that helps! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Keybank Preapprovals

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 3 of 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations job well done.👍
Message 4 of 10
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to share my experience in case you get any preapproval letter from Keybank. 

A few months ago I had applied for a PLOC just to diversify my credit profile. All I have is credit cards.  I was declined, they said too many obligations but really, we don't have much debt. Only small balances. I didn't want to fight it so I ignored the letter.

A week ago, I was sent home a preapproval letter from Keybank for the exact same loan I had applied for. The rate is 8.99 which is about what other banks are offering too.  I didn't know if it was solid and didn't want another pull, but upon researching I went ahead and applied for it over it the phone giving the rep the invitiation number and offer number.  Within 2 days they called me back telling me I was approved and I had to go to a nearby center to sign documents. 

While inside the center and filling out documents, the banker tried to upsell my on a few items. One of them was the 15 months no interest credit card which is something I want (home renovation is part of our plan). I asked her if I was preapproved, she looked and said yes. The manager came over to greet me and tell me all about their products and mentioned to me that if I wanted the card there would be no addition CR pull. They will use the CR they had on file! 

I thought, wow, that is great. Let's do it. And the next day I got approved for the card as well. Both are being sent to me. Just wanted to share my experience. Keybank is near my home so I like the convience of that. I hope that helps! 

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. Key is in the process of buying a bank in my region and was considering moving over to them for my regular banking needs and stuff.
Message 8 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your KeyBank results and progress!

Message 9 of 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Congrats.  I too got approved for a new Lattitude card from Key and a 20k personal loan @ 8.74% with auto debit from Key account. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.