Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's Approval

tag
toddc
Regular Contributor

Kohl's Approval

Short background, I burned Kohl's approx 2 years ago but they never sent to CA to my knowledge.   I've been missing my kohl's charge and tried the preapproval and application to no avail and denied due to existing past obligations.    I have seen the data here that if you pay them they are very responsive to reopening your account.   So I called them Sunday night, all they could do was pay in full no settlement or any offers since it was never sent to CA and they stopped reporting it 2 years ago.      I said go ahead and pay it, they already had my bank info on file from a few years ago, they ran the payment.   

I asked how long until I can reapply, the rep didn't have any real hard data for me, just said probably a good idea to wait until my statement closes at the end of the month, or at the very least/minimum until I see the ACH debit from my checking/payment.    So next business day (Today/Monday) I go to do the prequal and it says "You're prequalfied....." and I see datapoints on here that people were prequalified yet denied when the actual app was put through.   I wasn't planning on visiting the store but didn't want to go and then do the app in store and be denied/embarrassed so I apped and it was approved for $300 instantly.   

I'm a little shocked as they haven't even deducted the funds from my bank yet, but just wanted to throw that out there to any one who's wondering how long they can apply after paying the card off.   I got the experian hard inquiry and had to do verification questions on their site.  I also have existing relationship with Capital one (Two quicksilvers).  And my fico 8 per experian app is 657 for datapoint.   My charged off account was at $1000 credit limit, but i'll take the $300 as it can/will grow and happy to re-establish the relationship.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Kohl's Approval

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool that they let you back in so quickly.  Many lenders would take well over 2 years for that.  Enjoy your new Kohl's card!

Message 3 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval for kohls!

Message 5 of 17
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Welcome back to Kohl's...

Congratulations on your approval!  🙌 

Message 6 of 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 7 of 17
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

That's kinda funny. They got their money back so aren't going to let a potential customer go. Congrats!

AU

Message 8 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Kohl's approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 17
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@toddc wrote:

Short background, I burned Kohl's approx 2 years ago but they never sent to CA to my knowledge.   I've been missing my kohl's charge and tried the preapproval and application to no avail and denied due to existing past obligations.    I have seen the data here that if you pay them they are very responsive to reopening your account.   So I called them Sunday night, all they could do was pay in full no settlement or any offers since it was never sent to CA and they stopped reporting it 2 years ago.      I said go ahead and pay it, they already had my bank info on file from a few years ago, they ran the payment.   

I asked how long until I can reapply, the rep didn't have any real hard data for me, just said probably a good idea to wait until my statement closes at the end of the month, or at the very least/minimum until I see the ACH debit from my checking/payment.    So next business day (Today/Monday) I go to do the prequal and it says "You're prequalfied....." and I see datapoints on here that people were prequalified yet denied when the actual app was put through.   I wasn't planning on visiting the store but didn't want to go and then do the app in store and be denied/embarrassed so I apped and it was approved for $300 instantly.   

I'm a little shocked as they haven't even deducted the funds from my bank yet, but just wanted to throw that out there to any one who's wondering how long they can apply after paying the card off.   I got the experian hard inquiry and had to do verification questions on their site.  I also have existing relationship with Capital one (Two quicksilvers).  And my fico 8 per experian app is 657 for datapoint.   My charged off account was at $1000 credit limit, but i'll take the $300 as it can/will grow and happy to re-establish the relationship.

Congrats on getting your foot back in the door with them! They really forgave you with a quickness.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.