Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's Card CLI - It's the little things

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's Card CLI - It's the little things

My ride on the Kohl's train just started. $300 to $700 today. 

I tried a CLI request at 90 days and it said it had to be open for 6 months. Waited until today at 6 months and was successful. This is a more usable limit for my family. We love the rewards and discounts. 

Does anyone know what keeps your MVC status or for how long? I earned the status within 30 days of account opening. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Kohl's Card CLI - It's the little things

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 2 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I think you have to spend $350 in a year to get and keep MVC status. My wife is mad because I have it and she doesn't. Lol.

Congrats on the increase. I finally got my first increase a few months ago. Requested another increase the other day and it more than doubled to $1500. Hoping it goes to $3k in December.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I think you have to spend $350 in a year to get and keep MVC status. My wife is mad because I have it and she doesn't. Lol.

Congrats on the increase. I finally got my first increase a few months ago. Requested another increase the other day and it more than doubled to $1500. Hoping it goes to $3k in December.

I actually saw your thread when I was doing some checking into the Kohl's CLI this morning. Awesome! So the card was opened in April 2020. Their denial letter clearly stated the only reason was the account wasn't 6 months old. Mind to provide a DP on round about how long between increase 1 and increase 2? This is one card I actually want to grow FOR my family. Not just for padding or to get to the highest limit offered. I have ran up my limit 2x to 3x a month and PIF each time. Spending has slowed down the last month or so, but it's fantastic for business casual wear for work also! 

Message 4 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Kohl's CLI !!!

Message 5 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I requested the last increase 90 days after the last. I don't remember, but I believe you can ask every 60 days? Not sure if I tried at 60 days and was denied. I'm sure someone will correct me. Just realized 90 days is in January. Doh! 🤦‍♂️

Message 6 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I am pretty sure that @K-in-Boston , could answer the Kohl's CLI questionSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Kohls CLI Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never gotten increases with less than three months between. I was at $1500 earlier this year. On 7/12 I made the jump from there to $2500, which is the next step in the CLI ladder. Exactly three months later, on 10/12, I asked again and got the final increase to $3000  which is where the card is capped. Long as you give it 91 days, based on my experience and that of others I've read here, you will not be declined based on a timeframe.

Message 9 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  Most accounts do follow a 300-700-1500-2500-3000 progression.  It's been quite a while since I hit $3000 (and I was super fortunate to squeeze in a few years back where there was a very brief window of maybe a month or two to get $4000 before they scaled it back to $3000 again) but I believe I followed 3 month progressions.

As for MVC, it requires $600 in spending on the card to maintain each year, but does result in free shipping codes and additional birthday dollars.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.