Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's not inquiry sensitive

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's not inquiry sensitive

Hey guys, I'm ecstatic at the moment! My list post was about being approved for the target red card finally, I also applied for the kohls charge card a few minutes after applying and being instantly approved for the red card. Now like my last post said I have 32 inquiries on my reports. 3 in the last 4 months. After I applied for Kohl's, I got a message saying please call in to verify done info. Well I called in and they couldn't verify my address and said unfortunate I would have to go into a store with State issued license to verify my address, I instead went online and simply reapplied using my old address, and was instantly approved. 2 cards in two days, and with high inquires. Wow...I really know I shouldn't but I'd like to push my luck and go for another card,,, any ideas on what I should go for. By the way my scores are 610 tu, 510 ex, and 609 EQ. And now 34 inquiries.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Kohl's not inquiry sensitive

You're done apping. Time to grow what you have (and lose the Fingerhut!).

Congrats on your rebuild!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval and I would tend to agree with MrsCHX.  One of the most difficult things to get yourself out of later on would be credit reports filled with very low limit store cards.  Some are quite useful (I have a handful that save me at least 5% on every purchase), but unless they are consistently going to save you a good amount of money they're typically not worth having.  We should all strive to apply for credit that we want and need, rather than solely what we can qualify for. I'd suggest taking a pause and considering joining us over in the Garden Club and/or doing a search here for "low limit hell," which you don't want to find yourself in.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's wing with Fingerhut? Yeah I guess it is time to garden. Thanks
Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, me personally find nothing "wing" with Fingerhut lol, they were instrumental in my rebuild so i wont speak ill of them, ill just echo that now is the time to stop apping and let your cards age with time and good paymeny history. Your scores will thank you for it and then youll be in good position to app teally good bank cards.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha auto correct is crazy.
Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, you should read half my posts, sometimes whats in my head just doesnt translate to phoneSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 14
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

You have major cards now and no longer need the "rebuilding" from FH. Their goods are so overpriced, it doesn't make sense really to buy things from them just to maintain the account.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 8 of 14
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys, I'm ecstatic at the moment! My list post was about being approved for the target red card finally, I also applied for the kohls charge card a few minutes after applying and being instantly approved for the red card. Now like my last post said I have 32 inquiries on my reports. 3 in the last 4 months. After I applied for Kohl's, I got a message saying please call in to verify done info. Well I called in and they couldn't verify my address and said unfortunate I would have to go into a store with State issued license to verify my address, I instead went online and simply reapplied using my old address, and was instantly approved. 2 cards in two days, and with high inquires. Wow...I really know I shouldn't but I'd like to push my luck and go for another card,,, any ideas on what I should go for. By the way my scores are 610 tu, 510 ex, and 609 EQ. And now 34 inquiries.

Like others said, you're ok with cards for now. Smiley Wink

Cli's on your Citi, Discover, Walmart & Kohls, based on my experience, should be sp. And your cl's should grow nicely. I was in the same boat and had somewhat crappy cards (like Fingerhut) while rebuilding. But you can build on what you have now, maintain a good payment history, obtain cli's along the way, and let those inquiries slowly fall off! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut used to offer a free monthly EQ FICO score. If they still do, sock drawer it but keep it open for the free score!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.