Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl’s store card approval

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Kohl’s store card approval

This morning, I was approved for a Kohl’s store card with a modest SL of $1000. I don’t intend to spend anywhere near $1K on this card in a billing period, so it’s all good!

Scores at the time of approval are 734 EQ, 766 TU, 755 EX. I’ve opened 9 new accounts since last August - 6 bank cards (PNC Core Visa, AmEx CM, Discover it Cash Back, Chase FU, Citi DC, US Bank Cash+) and 3 retail (Samsung, Target REDcard, and now Kohl’s). UTI is reporting as 22%, and AAoA is between 7 and 8 years (lowered a little bit since I started this spree last fall).

Chase could still close the FU, since it was over 5/24 if retail cards are included in the count, or if they SP and count the two bank cards received after I was approved for it. A few accounts haven’t reported yet, so we’ll have to wait and see what happens in the next month or so.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Kohl’s store card approval

Congrats on your new card
Message 2 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Come on. You know you wanna spend that full 1k..... lol congrats! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 11
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

LOL, OK, you caught me... imma max it out!

Honestly, I struggled to place an order that was large enough for free shipping today!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 5 of 11
crys12065
Established Contributor

Congrats! That’s a great SL for a Kohl’s card

In the garden until 2020
Message 6 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 11
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! That is a great SL for Kohls. Back in 2016 when I applied, I was approved for a 1k limit and it now sits at 3k. One auto CLI and one initiated on my end in Feb 2019 (SP). Have fun! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on the Approval and the Very Nice SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 11
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

That’s a relief... $1000 seemed minuscule!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.