cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls Charge Finally Approved Credit Line Increase!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Kohls Charge Finally Approved Credit Line Increase!

Congrats on your increase! Mine went from $0 to $0 in a year lolSmiley Wink Actually i dont have this card but ironically this is probably the only Capital One card i could actually get. FYI, 4k is possible on this card, its been proven recently.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I started rebuilding I had the card almost maxed at around 275-280 of the 300.00 or so for the second and third month. I made more than the minimums but was using the card as this was my only card and on the 4th month they bumped me to 1000.00. I haven't asked for another CLI but it's now past 6 months since.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They keep telling me account must be opened for 6 months to be considered for an increase 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ha ha thank you actually I was going to follow the 10 percent rule, so 10 percent of $700 is $70 to keep card active and at a low utilization level...

Or maybe just stop charging for once... Lol

What about you?

LoL! I rotate my cards regularly. I bought a nice multi-card wallet from TUMI earlier this year and that bad boy holds all the cards. It is heavy & It's getting pretty thick. It stays in the crib and is tucked away. Definitely, the 10% rule would work on a limit of 700.00. I would say, even 15%. Pay down to 5%, or PIF...if that is your only LoC.

I  always say, never charge over 50% of your available LoC, beause it can really start to get away from you at that point, if you have no discipline.

With multiple lines of credit, you have to be really disciplined, because you can really do some damage to your credit life if you just start charging and forget to pay.

If anyone out there is a rebuilder, I'd say, get in the habit of Paying In Full. That way, once bigger lines of credit become available to you, you have already establised a foundation on how to handle your bills.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah look at all that credit you got... Wow... Charge wisely Davio... lol Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow thats cool, you also have a lot of credit thats great.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.