Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohls approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls approval!

The other week I was at Kohls and they told me at the register: "You are prequalified for a Kohls card" and I was like nah I'm good. Then I got a letter in the mail, reiterating that I was prequalified. I thought hmm, maybe, and saved the letter. Then a few days ago as I was looking at Black Friday ads, I noticed on the Kohls site that there is a link that lets you check your prequalification status without hurting your credit score. I thought this was pretty cool that Kohls offered that. So I checked and it confirmed that I was indeed prequalified (I don't know why I didn't trust them saying that I was in the store, but I didn't). 

Kohls is a store that I absolutely love and shop at often (even if it's only their clearance section, lol) and I'm eyeballing a few Black Friday deals that I'm definitely going to go after. I bit the bullet and applied. Approved for $500! They pulled TU, and last I checked my TU Fico was around 660. I have 3% utilization, but a lot of unpaid medical bills in collections, and had 4 inq prior to apping. So I wasn't sure about being approved but figured it would be worth the HP because I've always wanted a Kohls card. 

Finally a store card that I will use! Haha. I really need to garden now though! In the past few months I've been approved for Amex, my Discover secured card graduated, and I got another Citizens Bank card with a SP since they preapproved me, but I need to let my stack of cards age now and wait for 2019 when a good chunk of my derogs will fall off. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kohls approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

The other week I was at Kohls and they told me at the register: "You are prequalified for a Kohls card" and I was like nah I'm good. Then I got a letter in the mail, reiterating that I was prequalified. I thought hmm, maybe, and saved the letter. Then a few days ago as I was looking at Black Friday ads, I noticed on the Kohls site that there is a link that lets you check your prequalification status without hurting your credit score. I thought this was pretty cool that Kohls offered that. So I checked and it confirmed that I was indeed prequalified (I don't know why I didn't trust them saying that I was in the store, but I didn't). 

Kohls is a store that I absolutely love and shop at often (even if it's only their clearance section, lol) and I'm eyeballing a few Black Friday deals that I'm definitely going to go after. I bit the bullet and applied. Approved for $500! They pulled TU, and last I checked my TU Fico was around 660. I have 3% utilization, but a lot of unpaid medical bills in collections, and had 4 inq prior to apping. So I wasn't sure about being approved but figured it would be worth the HP because I've always wanted a Kohls card. 

Finally a store card that I will use! Haha. I really need to garden now though! In the past few months I've been approved for Amex, my Discover secured card graduated, and I got another Citizens Bank card with a SP since they preapproved me, but I need to let my stack of cards age now and wait for 2019 when a good chunk of my derogs will fall off. 

Congrats. I hope it grows with you. It's good you went with a store card you will actually use. Kohl's has good discounts too for their cardmembers. 

Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Kohls approval!

CongratsSmiley Happy Enjoy the holidaysSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.