AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: LOWES CLI

Nice increaseSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 26
Poppa
Established Contributor

I bought a house then got Lowes card. Only got $1237 limit over 3 months ago and can't get an increase. Scores were 780s when I got card. Had 1 or 2 recent inquiries and no new accounts for over a year.
FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 12 of 26
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Yes sync does act weird sometimes. I have a my paypal extras mastercard paid off and is stuck at 4100 limit for long time. I try increase every month but get rejected, while my other sync cards get CLI in a regular interval

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 13 of 26
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Poppa wrote:
I bought a house then got Lowes card. Only got $1237 limit over 3 months ago and can't get an increase. Scores were 780s when I got card. Had 1 or 2 recent inquiries and no new accounts for over a year.

Your weird limit is because its an internet application.

Have you used the card at least once every month?

Here are the rules for Synchrony:

Use the card once a month to generate a statement.

You do not have to let it report. Just generate the statement. A pack of gum at the register will do it.

After you have generated 4 statements, then call the back door number and ask for $25,000.

The first time around, you will NOT get $25k, but they will counter.

Do not feel as though you have to justify the CLI request.  They don't care anyway. It's all a scripted process.

If you receive a CLI, then rinse and repeat the above process.

If you don't receive one then try again after the next statement.

YMMV on this, but this is a tried and true GENERAL set of rules.

Good luck!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 14 of 26
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Does that apply for paypal extras card too? I guess that is why they are not giving me any CLI. Maybe i need to use the card a but

Message 15 of 26
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:
Does that apply for paypal extras card too? I guess that is why they are not giving me any CLI. Maybe i need to use the card a but

Yes it does.

I have called in for a CLI on a PayPal card and been denied.

3 days later my 4th statement dropped and I was able to call in and get a 5k CLI

Scores factor in as well. They have levels which are 620-620 +/- , 680. & 700-720 +/-

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 26
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Some of Synch's cards appear to have limits using the luv button. I was maxed out at $17k with Lowe's and $10k SL for PayPal 2% MC. I got declined too many times to remember until I called Credit Solutions, and got approved for the requested CLI amounts. Lowe's went to $30k and PP 2% MC is now at $25k. TU is 746 from last pull, but it was actually a few points higher every time I got denied before.

Edit: As far as usage, PP 2% was getting some heavy usage for the last 3 months (just over 50% util and PIF), but Lowe's had no new transactions since I maxed it out with a $5k CL. I literally charged $5k and carried a balance for about 15 months out of 24 months no interest, but I never used it again. I'd say 0 balance for the past 4 months with a CL of $17k, and just got it bumped to $30k.

Message 17 of 26
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

What is the number to call Paypal credit solutions?

Message 18 of 26
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

What is the number to call Paypal credit solutions?

877-379-8173

I also just edited my last post to add some extra DPs.

Message 19 of 26
Poppa
Established Contributor

I was approved March 23rd. I got the card at the beginning of April. I used it in April but charges were added to May's statement. Since I didn't get a statement for April I've only had 2 statements. I have to wait until September then? It's funny, when I started my credit journey I thought once my wife and I had scores around 800 we would get 5 digit starting limits with the best APRs and it didn't turn out that way at all. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.