Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landed: AMEX PLAT APPROVAL!!

tag
janderson126
Contributor

Re: Landed: AMEX PLAT APPROVAL!!

@Golf-and-Credit 

Thank you! That is music to my ears saying you were following the other thread. I am glad that it was helpful to you and hopefully others. 

AMEX Delta Gold | Travel | 5k | 12/19
AMEX Delta Plat | 7k | 4/21
Navy Rewards | Gas | 18k | 06/20
Capone Savor | Entertainment | 3.5k | 1/20
Cap one | 6.5k | 1/10
Cap one Walmart | 2k| 10/17
PayPal Master Card | 2% Everyday Spend | 15k | 6/20
Venmo | 12K | 01/2024

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@janderson126 wrote:

Hello ALL 

I wanted to share with you the good news. 

I have been officially approved for the AMEX Plat Delta Card!! 

I wanted to thank  @K-in-Boston @W261w261 @summerterrace @Janus @notmyrealname23 for ALL your advice and support. I don't think I would have been able to do this without you.

I don't know how to thank you besides saying THANK YOU!! Smiley Tongue

and I wanted to say to the others who are thinking about doing the same thing my advice would be: 

1. Do your own research: Check pre-approvals not just once but multiple times. 

2. Look at other forms comparing what you are seeking, whether it's a certain type of card or even a certain topic. In this case, I used " AMEX Plat approvals."  

3. Listen to the folks on the form here that are so generous, helping out with nothing in return. I am sure I drove a few of them batty at first, not intended. 

I just wanted to be sure I knew multiple different outcomes to me that are important. 

Keeping in mind on the Journey, YMMV. 

Happy Friday ALL!! 

Congratulations on your awesome approval! 🥳🥳🥳Well done! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 This IS a fantastically helpful forum of people, isn't it? 🤩🤩

Message 12 of 23
janderson126
Contributor

@Herb8108 

Hi there, thank you for stopping by 

I am glad to hear that you are trying to get into the AMEX family 

If I may ask what card you are you after, I may suggest some ideas. 

My advice is as long as you have the scores, the profile goes for it. 

Also, one thing, YMMV, talk to you soon. 

AMEX Delta Gold | Travel | 5k | 12/19
AMEX Delta Plat | 7k | 4/21
Navy Rewards | Gas | 18k | 06/20
Capone Savor | Entertainment | 3.5k | 1/20
Cap one | 6.5k | 1/10
Cap one Walmart | 2k| 10/17
PayPal Master Card | 2% Everyday Spend | 15k | 6/20
Venmo | 12K | 01/2024

Message 13 of 23
Herb8108
Valued Member

Thank you I would def love to start off with the Everyday Cash (I heard it's the easiest to get approved for) but honestly all there cards are enticing I travel a lot and I love delta so I would definitely take one of there delta sky miles card, also there BONVOY card is very appealing as I spend a lot of time in Marriott Hotels. But really I'm just trying to get my foot wet whatever I can get I will take. I'm just paying down my debts and doing some rebuilding as we speak all my inquiries have been removed except for one on Experian, and I have 2 collections left across all Bureau's I just made some big payments to bring my utilization down so im actively working so I can possibly get into the Amex Family 

More Life, More Credit, More Power
Message 14 of 23
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your AmEx Delta Platinum approval!

Message 15 of 23
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex approval! 🎉

Message 16 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'm a little tardy with my congrats, but I am very pleased to see that this turned out well and that it wasn't even remotely a "marginal" approval.  I was ready to fill out the app for you at one point!   😂

I'm glad you went for it, especially with the huge Welcome Offer, instead of taking the upgrade on your SkyMiles Gold.  You did well, doubled your total Amex lines, and are going to have a ton of SkyMiles to book your next trip!

@Herb8108 as an aside, from data points here and elsewhere the Gold SkyMiles card is typically the Amex card with the most relaxed underwriting requirements.  The Blue Cash and EveryDay family of cards tend to skew a little higher on requirements.

Message 17 of 23
Dryzzt23
Valued Member

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Starting Score: EQ8 657 EP8 651 TU8 649
Current Score: EQ8 740 EP8 730 TU8 732
Goal Score: EQ 750 EP8 750 TU8 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 23
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 19 of 23
Herb8108
Valued Member

Man I love the assortment of cards you carry a second wallet lol but how are you sure that's the easiest one?  It has decent rewards and the card seems pretty good I check my pre quals on there site everyday and nothing comes up

More Life, More Credit, More Power
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.