Re: Langley FCU Cash Back Signature Visa

Congrats on your new Langly card

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 11 of 26
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@CreditKick I had attempted to invest it took someone 3 months to call me. Just little things that they keep doing to piss me off. On top of not making any money off my money. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 12 of 26
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Langley FCU Cash Back Signature Visa approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 13 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Recently decided I had enough of Chase's antics and moved my money over to Langley FCU. App'd for the Cash Back Signature Visa. Approved!

EQ: 778

Limit: 15,000

APR: 12.50

Congratulations. I've been with Langley for a long time. Love the 2-day early direct deposit in checking.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 14 of 26
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Langley FCU Cash Back approval

Message 15 of 26
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 16 of 26
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCobra wrote:

Congratulations on your approval. I picked up this card a few months ago. I've been finding that they send out the emails allowing you to seelct one of their monthly categories about a week into the month. For June, their categories are Electronic Stores, Groceries, and Wholesale Clubs (I chose Groceries). I got my email notifiying me about these categories on the 6th of the month. That makes it hard to plan.

I've messaged them and they said that they did not know what the categories would be in advance, but provided me with a phone number to card services to call. I called, waited 45 minutes on hold, and was told that they didn't know either and pointed me back at customer service (who gave me the number to call). I like the CU, and the card, but I wish that they would get their categories out in a more timely fashion. no clue what July will hold.

I also have been noticing that it seems to get later and later every month when they send it. When I called like you mentioned it takes awhile to reach them and they simply told me that it does take awhile now to figure out what every months catagories will be. I love this card for its earning ability but that really irritates me that they play this game like that. They did say they were trying to improve it but we shall see. Still a very good no AF card either way so no one should be scared to app for it if they want it.

Message 17 of 26
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

Just when I complain that they're not posting their categories in a timely fashion, they do!

Dining, Gas, and Summer Adventures (whatever that means). Remember, you only get to choose one of these.

For Langley Signature Cash Back Visa credit card holders only. 5% cashback rewards must be activated to earn cash back. 5% cash back eligible on gas, dining, or "summer adventure" purchases based on cardholder's choice, posted 7/1/22 through 7/31/22, up to $100 in earnings. Cardholder's category choice once activated cannot be changed. 5% cashback rewards are added to your savings account and will be posted separately from your standard Signature Cash Back Visa rewards. Purchases made through third-party payment accounts, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if transaction details aren't available. Merchants are assigned a merchant category code (MCC) that Langley doesn't assign. Items may appear to fit in a rewards category but, the merchant may not have an assigned MCC in that rewards category. Offer valid July 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022.

For more information, check this out:

https://www.langleyfcu.org/personal-credit-cards

Langley.jpg

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 3/26/2024):

Message 18 of 26
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCobra wrote:

Just when I complain that they're not posting their categories in a timely fashion, they do!

Dining, Gas, and Summer Adventures (whatever that means). Remember, you only get to choose one of these.

For Langley Signature Cash Back Visa credit card holders only. 5% cashback rewards must be activated to earn cash back. 5% cash back eligible on gas, dining, or "summer adventure" purchases based on cardholder's choice, posted 7/1/22 through 7/31/22, up to $100 in earnings. Cardholder's category choice once activated cannot be changed. 5% cashback rewards are added to your savings account and will be posted separately from your standard Signature Cash Back Visa rewards. Purchases made through third-party payment accounts, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if transaction details aren't available. Merchants are assigned a merchant category code (MCC) that Langley doesn't assign. Items may appear to fit in a rewards category but, the merchant may not have an assigned MCC in that rewards category. Offer valid July 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022.

For more information, check this out:

https://www.langleyfcu.org/personal-credit-cards

Langley.jpg

I think perhaps you may of misunderstood. They also update the website fast the problem is we as card holders must wait to get the email to activate the offer as you can only choose 1. It's is here that is the problem as it is now the 1st of the month and that email is nowhere to be found. As Monday is the 4th of course they are closed. So Tuesday or Wednesday would be when we see those emails essentially a week of the month gone already. Since these are monthly offers and not quarterly this is not a good setup like that.

Message 19 of 26
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

I think perhaps you may of misunderstood. They also update the website fast the problem is we as card holders must wait to get the email to activate the offer as you can only choose 1. It's is here that is the problem as it is now the 1st of the month and that email is nowhere to be found. As Monday is the 4th of course they are closed. So Tuesday or Wednesday would be when we see those emails essentially a week of the month gone already. Since these are monthly offers and not quarterly this is not a good setup like that.

The last two months, they were equally late in updating the web site. The categories are retroactive to the first of the month. So long as we know what the categories are on the 1st. No real problem anymore. You simply select the category of your choice a week from now, but the cash back will be retroactive.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 3/26/2024):

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.