Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley FCU Cash Back Signature Visa

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: Langley FCU Cash Back Signature Visa

@CreditCobra wrote:

Congratulations on your approval. I picked up this card a few months ago. I've been finding that they send out the emails allowing you to seelct one of their monthly categories about a week into the month. For June, their categories are Electronic Stores, Groceries, and Wholesale Clubs (I chose Groceries). I got my email notifiying me about these categories on the 6th of the month. That makes it hard to plan.

I've messaged them and they said that they did not know what the categories would be in advance, but provided me with a phone number to card services to call. I called, waited 45 minutes on hold, and was told that they didn't know either and pointed me back at customer service (who gave me the number to call). I like the CU, and the card, but I wish that they would get their categories out in a more timely fashion. no clue what July will hold.

Funny you mention this, this is my ONLY issue right now with them. Even though the categories start on the 1st, I do not get my email to choose the category sometimes a week into that next month (like you). I think the best I ever got was the 4th day of the month. They should have it like Discover where you can choose *prior* to the cutoff of the previous month for the next month. I have had times where the category is Dining say, and I had a big meal planned with family or friend, but the meal might of been on the 4th or the 5th, and I didn't get the email to choose my category until the 7th. Kinda frustrating.

Potential Future Cards
Message 21 of 26
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@CreditCobra wrote:

@hawkins wrote:

I think perhaps you may of misunderstood. They also update the website fast the problem is we as card holders must wait to get the email to activate the offer as you can only choose 1. It's is here that is the problem as it is now the 1st of the month and that email is nowhere to be found. As Monday is the 4th of course they are closed. So Tuesday or Wednesday would be when we see those emails essentially a week of the month gone already. Since these are monthly offers and not quarterly this is not a good setup like that.

The last two months, they were equally late in updating the web site. The categories are retroactive to the first of the month. So long as we know what the categories are on the 1st. No real problem anymore. You simply select the category of your choice a week from now, but the cash back will be retroactive.

Yeah? This is the first I am hearing this. If true, this is good news. Can anyone else confirm this? Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 22 of 26
NalekSok
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! 🎉

Message 23 of 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Langley Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 24 of 26
MCM1
Regular Contributor

Would you mind sharing some data points such as how many new accounts you had in last 12/24 months, how many inquiries?  Are they sensitive to new accounts? 

Message 25 of 26
fullacrobat5
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.