Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley FCU Cash Back Visa Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Langley FCU Cash Back Visa Approval

I have like 70+ hard inquries on my credit between all three reporting agencies.  I was still instantly approved for $15K (it said up to, but from what I've gathered, they mean $15K, if what you put on the app was truthful, such as income, etc).  

This will be a good cash back card for gas.

Edit: Equifax pulled with a 736 (FICO 8)  

Edit (update): It was an approval for the full $15K @ 13.24%; called in to finalise membership.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Langley FCU Cash Back Visa Approval

Congrats!
70 HPs?
May I ask why you’re continuously applying for credit? Just for my own curiosity really.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 24
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
Congrats!
70 HPs?
May I ask why you’re continuously applying for credit? Just for my own curiosity really.

If it's anything like me, it's a hobby Smiley Happy. I think there are several types of people in this forum, some rebuilders, others are hobbyers don't really care about their scores since inquiries don't affect them. I think my Experian has remained around 700 for the past 4 months or so and I've applied at least 15 times. I always make payments on-time and don't have any negatives so maybe the inquiries don't really bring it down at all.

Message 4 of 24
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have like 70+ hard inquries on my credit between all three reporting agencies.  I was still instantly approved for $15K (it said up to, but from what I've gathered, they mean $15K, if what you put on the app was truthful, such as income, etc).  

Would you mind sharing the income you indicated on the app, or at least a range? (PM is fine, if you don't want to share publicly)

>100k?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 5 of 24
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This will be a good cash back card for gas.

Congrats on the approval. Data points? How did you join? How long a member? Which credit pull? 

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a greater than 100K income and have been a member of Langley FCU for about several hours.  LOL

It's more of a hobby for me.  I don't need credit.  I just like to collect accounts.  Even though it's probably a good thing to build rapport before you need it.  I don't have a single bad item on my credit files.  Just the inquries and many new accounts.  I do keep my credit files frozen with a PIN.  So I do think about each application.  

Message 7 of 24
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a greater than 100K income and have been a member of Langley FCU for about several hours.  LOL

It's more of a hobby for me.  I don't need credit.  I just like to collect accounts.  Even though it's probably a good thing to build rapport before you need it.  I don't have a single bad item on my credit files.  Just the inquries and many new accounts.  I do keep my credit files frozen with a PIN.  So I do think about each application.  

Ok, so which credit bureau did they pull? How did you join?

Message 8 of 24
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @outsider for the feedback. I never thought of applying for credit as a hobby. Another POV to add to my arsenal of info.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 24
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks OP for feedback.

And, you’re on a roll. It goes to show that lenders love to lend money to people who don’t need it.

I applaud your thinking and again congrats.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.