Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Hooray for 2017

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Last Hooray for 2017

Today must be Navy day, everyone and their cousins are getting some super lovin from Navy lol, great job everyone.

Well folks, this is gonna be my last approval thread for the year as after a rocky week credit wise, im gonna ride off into the sunset for 2017 and tend my garden after tonight.

As some may know ive been in the midst of trying to fix whatever problems ive been having with my Equifax . So while out and about decided to go for a cli on my Penfed Promise . Figured why not, clean report now, 1 year good history with cc and loan. Nope, once again denied. Feeling like im in my Discover romance stage lol.

Anyway moving on i did happen to get a couple sp increases and 2 hp cli. Its truely time to set my mind to erase my cc debt and let these lenders chase me for once and not the other way round lol. So with a heavy heart and sufficient credit lines, heres my final pickups for 2017 :

Sp luv : Zales 4750 - 5500
Gordons 4750 -5500

HP - Boa BBR 8500 -10,700
Best Buy 6000- 10,000 instant

No dice-
Boa BBR app no soup
Home Depot no soup

Data points: Tu 723. Ex 735 Eq ???
Hps: more than 10 each lolSmiley Happy

Goal for remainder 2017, no sp cli request, no more hp cli request, no more apps period. New motto " just say no to shp luv" Lol. Its gonna be hard but if increases are meant to be theyll be there later on. Disco looks like im bracketed to remain at 3k so no fairytaile endings there. Amex and Navy most coveted but just gonna hold off. Citi doesnt show me luv anyway with my Dc so couple more months arent gonna sink the ship. Ok, thanks for reading. See ya in the garden, i just hope LOTR and BeautifulBlackPearl will still welcome me lolSmiley Happy
33 REPLIES 33
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: Last Hooray for 2017

Congrats on the increases! I need to spend some time in the garden myself. See you there soon!
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you reconsider the "no sp cli" idea for the remainder of the year

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations AJC on your CLIs and on joining the garden 😊
Message 4 of 34
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Why not take one more shot for your most coveted cards before heading out?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 5 of 34
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Well Average, I'll be joining you by Monday 😂
Message 6 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks everyone, things could change on the sp part spagetti lol, but i have to at least try. If i can sum up the will power to NOT hit those buttons, ill prove to myself i am capable of doing it. One day at a time i guess. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree with you AJC 😉
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well AJC a little garden time wouldn't hurt anybody.
I'm waiting till June myself to apply for the Ring since Barclays likes me. By then I'll have 6 inquiries drop off from my spree 2 years ago and figured that would be a good time to apply.
Happy gardening, but keep leaving those quirky comments of yours,everyone loves them and a good laugh.
Surprised BOA didn't give you a little more for your hp though. Took me 2 inquiries with them to get my card up. 1st only gave me 1800 cli, the 2nd time they gave me 6000.
Message 9 of 34
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Ive always hated Equifax. That being said, good luck Joe over in the Gardening Thread. You might want to consider hitting the "opt out" website so you arent tempted. Just avoid the future FOTMs and youll be fine. Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.