Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lazy Discover IT CLIs

tag
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

Lazy Discover IT CLIs

Next month will be 5 years since I have this card, never missed a payment.

I started asking for CLIs 3 years or so ago. Pretty much every month. Started with original 1200 until today 4100.

Decided to ask again today at FICO8 TU of 743 and more than 120K+ in income and a clean file and UTI under 9% and almost 100K limit on other 5 Cards.

Love Button gave me 500 Smiley Sad.

Called to speak with the rep, got forwarded to Supervisor.

NARA, 500 and that is IT.

GRRRR.....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lazy Discover IT CLIs

Well at least you got something, even if it wasn't substantial. So, congratulations either way.

How much are you using the card? All things considered, and while it varies person to person, Discover may not see any incentive to give anything higher if you have an abundance of available credit or not using the card moderately.

There's no rhyme or reason to their UW, but I'd still say $500 is better than $0.
Message 2 of 11
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

--- How much are you using the card? ---

Sometimes a lot sometimes not depending on a cashback I get...

I've parked 12 out of 4100 when when they offered me 0% on BT 9 month ago. So if I charge anything I make sure that I pay off all $$ that could be hit by Interest.

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP, it’s still an approval of $500 and a SP so congrats on that.

I notice I get my largest increases when I put big big spends on the card and make extremely large payments or PIF.

Before the last CLI , I hit was approved for $700 and declined it. Two months later, hit luv button again and got $2200. Granted there’s no rhyme or reason why Disco does anything, but this pattern has worked for me.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
SummerOf17
Regular Contributor

I think I am going to wait till June next year(pay this one off - I could do it today but it is free money at this point) to try again and if nothing major happens maybe go for a second Disco Card.

This one must be in some kind of limbo at this point. It is nice to have & I like the color.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Well at least you got something, even if it wasn't substantial. So, congratulations either way.

How much are you using the card? All things considered, and while it varies person to person, Discover may not see any incentive to give anything higher if you have an abundance of available credit or not using the card moderately.

There's no rhyme or reason to their UW, but I'd still say $500 is better than $0.

+1.....I will take it...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
_NERD
Established Contributor

DF1DA771-D392-4772-A70A-E012B04FFF0C.gif

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 7 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 11
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

Good luck in 2019!
AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 9 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats as others echoed discover will give people with little credit with not so good scores alot of credit usually, but people with alot of credit and good scores they tend to be tight on.. No if you had 800 scores and only 10k-20k in other card most likely that card from 4 years ago would be at 50k+ now.  Discover is just a lender and they prefer people that carries balances aka makes interest to people that pay in full as well or so it seems

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.