cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn from my Denials!! (and approvals)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Learn from my Denials!! (and approvals)

@nuohlac wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks!! Im striving to have a credit profile like yours. Impressive.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jberry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

** I did this to increase my overall credit so that my utilization would go down. Also I wanted to have at least 11 accounts so that  I could show that Im responible enough to handle multiple accounts.

Nice!!! and Congrats! This is exactly what im doing, trying to get cards to get my overall credit utilization lower, hasnt been working out, PayPal did give me a good SL of $7,800 - really felt I got lucky there, trying for NavyFed now, after that im gonna be in the garden awhile Smiley Happy Thanks for posting! 

I lucked out too. Thankfully those retail cards approved me. Hopefully I can get some real cards in two years.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jberry wrote:

Also wanted to ask if you tired the Toyota Card?? there is a pre appoval:

https://d.comenity.net/toyotacreditcard/pub/prequalify/Prequalify.xhtml

I didn't apply for that one but thanks for letting me know. In two years I'll try that one too.

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approvals!

Thanks!

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! 👍

Message 16 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 33
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jberry wrote:

Also wanted to ask if you tired the Toyota Card?? there is a pre appoval:

https://d.comenity.net/toyotacreditcard/pub/prequalify/Prequalify.xhtml

I didn't apply for that one but thanks for letting me know. In two years I'll try that one too.

Thank you. This, and your original comment about going to the garden for 2 years makes me proud. i thought for sure you were going to follow up and say that you applied after seeing the link. Smiley Sad Good for you for having self-control. Smiley Very Happy Congrats on your approvals!

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be blunt, hopefully you've learned that if your profile isn't strong enough to support bankcard approvals that it's time to step away from the computer, stop applying, give it some time, and fix the issues leading to the denials. 

While the gaggle of store cards you got my satisfy an approval itch, few of them will prove useful and in the long run did more damage than good. 

Message 19 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

First, Welcome to the Forum!

Second, Congrats!

Third, Gardening/Freezing and letting those tl's age while showing responsibility is a great idea!

Many of us have had to crawl before we could walk on our rebuild journey, look forward to scores and more onward and upward OP. 

P.S. Enjoy that Discover Card, hopefully you'll be riding the Disco Gravy Train soonSmiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.