Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden for Delta Reserve

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Left the Garden for Delta Reserve

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats on the Delta.. yes the juicy bonuses are back Smiley Happy.  W/regards to your AA I will glady take them off your hands and put them to some plus first class tickets Smiley Happy

Thanks CC, 75k sub did it.  I was thinking of the business card but that sub was only 40k.

Where would you like to go?  There is only a small redpat booking fee.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 11 of 18
redpat
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
My man! Congratulations. I look forward to sharing a drink in the Sky Club or the forward cabin some time.

I was just looking at some transcon flights and even booking Main Cabin (assuming I get the usual upgrade) I’m seeing some 2 CPM redemptions. So with the effective 1.5 SkyMiles per dollar at $30k and $60k spend on the Reserve, it’s like 3% back on non-category. Not as good as the heyday of SPG-to-Marriott, but not bad at all.

Thanks K.  I was at the DTW sky club last week and I saw your reserved seating....  

Yes, I’ll be puting 60k spend on the card,  biz purchases will make it very easy.  Also, don’t you get 20k miles being PM?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 18
redpat
Senior Contributor

Thanks AJC, after this I should be in the garden for along time.

i hope someone left the door unlocked.

Message 13 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@sammyfire2001 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
My man! Congratulations. I look forward to sharing a drink in the Sky Club or the forward cabin some time.

I was just looking at some transcon flights and even booking Main Cabin (assuming I get the usual upgrade) I’m seeing some 2 CPM redemptions. So with the effective 1.5 SkyMiles per dollar at $30k and $60k spend on the Reserve, it’s like 3% back on non-category. Not as good as the heyday of SPG-to-Marriott, but not bad at all.

I've read that you can get an upgrade by simply having the reserve card.   How true is that?

Having the Delta Reserve card is 3rd on the list in the upgrade priority, after Medallion status and fare class. So let’s say two Gold Medallions have V fares in Main Cabin. If one has the card and the other doesn’t, and there is one seat available, the one with the card gets the upgrade.

Since becoming a GM I have been offered upgrades on every flight where I either a.) didn’t already have a ticket in First, or b.) didn’t have 3 companions flying with me. Although even for the latter, the check-in agent offered to split our booking on my last flight less than 2 weeks ago, and my daughter and I received an upgrade to 2A and 2B on a paid Comfort+ CUN-BOS flight as there were 2 seats available on the flight.

Message 14 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@redpat wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks K.  I was at the DTW sky club last week and I saw your reserved seating....  

Yes, I’ll be puting 60k spend on the card,  biz purchases will make it very easy.  Also, don’t you get 20k miles being PM?

You can select 20,000 miles as your 1 Choice Benefit when you obtain Platinum Medallion. Diamond Medallions get 3 Choice Benefits:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/choice-benefits.h...

Message 15 of 18
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

If you're going to come out of the garden the Reserve is a good card to do it for. Congratulations, and enjoy the card and all it has to offer.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 16 of 18
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 17 of 18
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.