Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library of Congress FCU $10k approved

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Library of Congress FCU $10k approved

EQ 771 ( updated DP.....pulled FICO 5 ....score of 778)
UTI 5%
3 Inq
5 new revolving accts in last 6 months
Asked for $10k.
Send in 2 paystubs for POI.

Been a member for approximately 3 months...$10 in checking...$10 in savings.
No other products.

Back door CU membership through Virginia Library Association.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
DapprD
Regular Contributor

Re: Library of Congress FCU $10k approved

Congrats on the Approval.

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nice SL! Congrats!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats had to look it up that looks like a fixed APR credit card at 9.75%.. Nice being "fixed"

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL / low Apr !!!!!

Message 5 of 15
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval and awesome SL! Any DP's on your recent tradelines in last 6/12/24?

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats had to look it up that looks like a fixed APR credit card at 9.75%.. Nice being "fixed"

Yeah.....not too bad.

I'm looking to pad my UTI some but really didn't need anymore rewards cards.

I read some good things about them on here ( very limited) and decided to at least join and let it percolate in case I decided to pull the trigger.

The Virginia Library Association is regional but when joining online they don't really ask where you live.....I just checked a box for a region but submitted my own addy.

It's automated so it just took my dues and made me a member. Then I joined the CU.

Maybe down the line I'll try a LOC or something......

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 7 of 15
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I actually had a large financial problem about 8 years ago and burned just about every card I had.
All the big ones ...Navy, Penfed, USAA, Alliant, Boeing......I am blacklisted from all.

So it was just this last year in November I was down to about 1 derogatory and starting rebuilding because 7 years and everything was falling off.
Still had some positive things on my reports that never fell off so they are over 10 years of age.

Score were in the high 500's in Nov
Fingerhut 400cl
Got a 200cl secured Disco
1500cl secured TD Cash
...and a $500cl Cap unsecured

In January my scores were in the mid 600's and EQ was 700ish because last derog fell off this first

February got a Quicksilver for 500
Auto loan through DCU for 11000 (EQ puller)
And small 500 installment from DCU

Scores went to all low 700's by end of March because the last derogatory fell off.

So with the old 10yr accounts (all closed but reported positive) and the new tradelines my scores this month were EQ 771 TU 742 EX 738

So I apped for the DCU Plat for 10k, the Library of Congress FCU for 10k, PayPal MC for 3k, and waiting to hear from Fidelity.

That's my story....wait it out, start small, let derogs fall off, get installment and auto for credit mix, keep UTI low, and apply to places that take your strongest credit report,
Jax

Message 8 of 15
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Awesome, thank you for your story. I am happy to hear about your rebuild, you seem to be on the right track so congrats on that as well! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

And on top of it all the vanity side of me thinks it's one very cool looking card....lol

VisaCardUPDATE2016 (1).png

Jax

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.