cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After BK7 - An NFCU Triple Play!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Life After BK7 - The NFCU Triple Play!

Congtrats on the CLI, looks lik you did what was best for your profile. 

Message 11 of 15
ZenMan
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats man! I just got approved a week ago for the Cash Rewards for 8k when I fully expected to get denied. The relationship is key, hopefully in 3 months when I apply again, I get approved for the Flagship (plan to have my file as close to clean as possible by then), or maybe try for the AMEX. 

Thanks so much, tyblaze1987.  I agree, that establishing a solid relationship with NFCU is absolutely crucial.  And I have to keep reminding myself that the process of rebuilding is a marathon, not a race.   Be patient, pace yourself, and keep your eyes focused on your goal, and good things should happen.  It's not always easy, especially when many folks on the NFCU thread are, literally, counting the days until "91/3" so they can reapply for another card or CLI.  It's easy to get "credit line envy."  And sometimes I'd have to step away for a while in order to "purge the urge" to app prematurely.  But as I've said before, I suspected that what seemed to work for the vast majority of contributors to that thread wasn't going to work for me.  Every profile is different, and mine required that I nurture my relationship with Navy a bit longer. 

And now, we're pratically going steady!  Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 15
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Congrats on the triple play !

Message 13 of 15
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval!
Message 14 of 15
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.