Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life after 5/24 - TRIFECTA APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Life after 5/24 - TRIFECTA APPROVED!

Last year I basically rebuilt my credit effectively from the ground up. 

Currently in my CC inventory is:

BankAmericard -$300 SL to $1000 CL  @ 11 mths

CapitalOne Platinum - $300 SL to $600 to $1100 CL @ 11 mths

Discover IT - $1500 SL @ 2 mths

Chase Freedom - $4500 SL @ 2 mths

JSC Federal CU Rewards - $1000 SL @ 2 mths

So as you can see as of 2/3/2018 I was already at 5/24 (all cards had reported to CR) just in the last 11 months. Checking my balances that night so I could plan out my weekly payments I was in my Chase portal and saw that there was an offer for the CSP and CFU. They had never showed up in the 2 months since opening the Freedom acct. So when I saw that I quickly looked for "ways to bypass 5/24". Really didnt find anything that convinced me to pull the trigger. But while reading I came across a lot of "my offers" approval/denial through the Chase portal. Although most of the ones I read mentioned better odds of being approved (7/10 were approvals), most were seperate or had no mention of 5/24. But the fact that there was a better chance of being approved through the portal I figured why not. Lets PULL THE TRIGGER!

I pulled it on the CSP. Entered income. I got a "application is under review" message, which I knew would happen. I have an EFA on my CRs. The next day I had completely forgot I app'd for Chase when I got a call from them needing to verify some information. Verified all the questions the; what I assume was an analyst, asked. He submitted the app and CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. $5k SL and my highest single limit. I was extra excited. So that night I figured I'd check the portal again to see if the CFU offer was still there. Initially it wasnt there but relogged twice and it was back. PULLED THAT TRIGGER! Same procedure. Next day got another call early the next morning. Verified info again and was AGAIN APPROVED. This time $2k SL!

To be honest I was more excited about getting the Chase Trifecta than the limits. Especially since I was at 5/24 and the fact that Chase was the one who allowed me to go over, to 7/24. Now I have 7 new lines, 3 just from Chase alone! Would have or could have been 8 lines 4 from Chase but I didnt like the SLATE card. Has no real benefit for me. The offer was also there the whole time and is still there.

Should I app for the SLATE? Or just head to the garden (thinking 6 months). Also when should I ask for a CLI on my Chase lines, or not ask at all?

2/7/2018

FICO® Score 8 Experian - 689

FICO® Score 8 Transunion - 685

FICO® Score 8 Exquifax - 656

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Life after 5/24 - TRIFECTA APPROVED!

Congrats on your approval!! The data points in your sig, are they current?

wrote:

@BankAmericard -$300 SL to $1000 CL  @ 11 mths

@Anonymous Platinum - $300 SL to $600 to $1100 CL @ 11 mths

@discover IT - $1500 SL @ 2 mths

@Anonymous Freedom - $4500 SL @ 2 mths

@Anonymous Federal CU Rewards - $1000 SL @ 2 mths

So as you can see as of 2/3/2018 I was already at 5/24 (all cards had reported to CR) just in the last 11 months. Checking my balances that night so I could plan out my weekly payments I was in my Chase portal and saw that there was an offer for the CSP and CFU. They had never showed up in the 2 months since opening the Freedom acct. So when I saw that I quickly looked for "ways to bypass 5/24". Really didnt find anything that convinced me to pull the trigger. But while reading I came across a lot of "my offers" approval/denial through the Chase portal. Although most of the ones I read mentioned better odds of being approved (7/10 were approvals), most were seperate or had no mention of 5/24. But the fact that there was a better chance of being approved through the portal I figured why not. Lets PULL THE TRIGGER!

I pulled it on the CSP. Entered income. I got a "application is under review" message, which I knew would happen. I have an EFA on my CRs. The next day I had completely forgot I app'd for Chase when I got a call from them needing to verify some information. Verified all the questions the; what I assume was an analyst, asked. He submitted the app and CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. $5k SL and my highest single limit. I was extra excited. So that night I figured I'd check the portal again to see if the CFU offer was still there. Initially it wasnt there but relogged twice and it was back. PULLED THAT TRIGGER! Same procedure. Next day got another call early the next morning. Verified info again and was AGAIN APPROVED. This time $2k SL!

To be honest I was more excited about getting the Chase Trifecta than the limits. Especially since I was at 5/24 and the fact that Chase was the one who allowed me to go over, to 7/24. Now I have 7 new lines, 3 just from Chase alone! Would have or could have been 8 lines 4 from Chase but I didnt like the SLATE card. Has no real benefit for me. The offer was also there the whole time and is still there.

Should I app for the SLATE? Or just head to the garden (thinking 6 months). Also when should I ask for a CLI on my Chase lines, or not ask at all?

2/7/2018

Message 2 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

wrote:

@BankAmericard -$300 SL to $1000 CL  @ 11 mths

@Anonymous Platinum - $300 SL to $600 to $1100 CL @ 11 mths

@discover IT - $1500 SL @ 2 mths

@Anonymous Freedom - $4500 SL @ 2 mths

@Anonymous Federal CU Rewards - $1000 SL @ 2 mths

2/7/2018

Absolutely

1. head to the garden and

2. thank your lucky stars

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals. Your one of the few to pull this off without being denied insuch a short time.

Message 4 of 11
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Congrats on your approval!! The data points in your sig, are they current?

Yes they are they are the same on the day I app'd my closing date was yesterday and should update in about 2 week

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I wouldn't go for another card. It might cause them to do a manual review, realize that you are over 5/24 and cancel all your cards. Be happy with what you have.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on hitting the trifecta.  However I wouldn't suggest applying for the Slate card at this time.  Chase is known to go back and shut down recently opened accounts if they detect you have severval new cards.  If you request a CLI from Chase it will be a hard pull so it depends on your tolerance for pulls.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@
wrote:

Congratulations on your approvals. Your one of the few to pull this off without being denied insuch a short time.

Thank you! I was suprised... really didnt think I was going to get approved

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Congrats! I wouldn't go for another card. It might cause them to do a manual review, realize that you are over 5/24 and cancel all your cards. Be happy with what you have.

Yeah I think Im going to garden. I been really pushing my luck in these last 2 months. 2 CLI's and 5 new cards. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.