cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lol! AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI Right After Discover CLI!

tag
alsobob
Established Member

Lol! AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI Right After Discover CLI!

Wow, I really can't believe this. I've been spying around on these forums for years as I tried to rebuild my credit and make things better for my family.  I'd always wish that I could get credit line increases as some of you have gotten over the years.  Today, for some reason is my day.  After getting the CLI for Discover which I mentioned a few minutes ago in a previous post, I figured why not? Let me try my Amex Blue Cash Preferred for a CLI.  Amex is different because they make you specify what you want so I figured let me try something a little bit crazy and ask my CLI to be increased to $10,000.  Entered my info, hit submit and boom! CLI to $10,000.  I can't believe it!  What a day!

Thanks to everyone who has helped with their guidance over the years! This forum is great!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lol! AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI Right After Discover CLI!

Congratulations on the cli, I recently was approved for the BCP. If you don't mind, how long did you have it before requesting your cli and what was your limit before the cli? Thanks

Message 2 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Message 3 of 13
alsobob
Established Member

Hi, I got the card last July, so almost a year ago.  I didn't do any of the CLI tactics that are on these forums, the initial line they gave me of $5,000 was enough. I would pay aggressively and before the due date so in October they increased me to $7,000 automatically. So when I did the increase earlier this morning, it was the first increase to be requested by me. I"m happy with my $10,000 limit, especially since it lowers my utilization significantly!

Amex BCP is a great card.  The 6% cash back on groceries and 3% constant cashback on gas is very valuable to me.

Message 4 of 13
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!  NICELY DONE!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the stats/data points.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alsobob wrote:

Hi, I got the card last July, so almost a year ago.  I didn't do any of the CLI tactics that are on these forums, the initial line they gave me of $5,000 was enough. I would pay aggressively and before the due date so in October they increased me to $7,000 automatically. So when I did the increase earlier this morning, it was the first increase to be requested by me. I"m happy with my $10,000 limit, especially since it lowers my utilization significantly!

Amex BCP is a great card.  The 6% cash back on groceries and 3% constant cashback on gas is very valuable to me.

That is amazing.... May I ask another question in regards to your CLI's ?  

What kind of charges are you running through the card?  Are you keeping any kind of balance?  Have your scores gone up significantly since the time you obtained the card and today?   I don't have a BCP or BCE Amex YET.. but wanted to kind of get the atmosphere of what I will have to do when I do obtain the card.  Thank you in Advance. 

Message 9 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.