Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love DCU!!! No more toy limits for me :D

tag
KausticRage
New Contributor

Love DCU!!! No more toy limits for me :D

I finally broke the $5k barrier with a DCU CC.  When I was looking for a CU to join I heard many good things about DCU and with a clean EQ and a MyFico score of 790 I made the jump.  They instantly approved me over the phone for $5K with an 8% rate.  Now it's time to garden for a few months and try for a Chase Disney card because of my 2 year old daughter and all the time we spend at Disney (year pass holders) and a good rewards card.

I had SL baddies that just fell off EX (After rehabbing) and my EX FAKO score went from 650 to 724 (I know to take it with a grain of salt) but when I apped with AMEX a couple of weeks ago they said my EX FICO score was 647 so I am hoping for the best on that one Smiley Very Happy  I am still waiting for TU to update and hopefully they don't give me much hassle like I have read for others.  Either way I have spoken to Colorado Student Loans and they said to give them a call if they don't update by mid-month and they will help with the removal.

I'm super stoked and will be relieved when the final negative TL is removed and I can continue with my credit life Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Love DCU!!! No more toy limits for me :D

@KausticRage wrote:

I finally broke the $5k barrier with a DCU CC.  When I was looking for a CU to join I heard many good things about DCU and with a clean EQ and a MyFico score of 790 I made the jump.  They instantly approved me over the phone for $5K with an 8% rate.  Now it's time to garden for a few months and try for a Chase Disney card because of my 2 year old daughter and all the time we spend at Disney (year pass holders) and a good rewards card.

I had SL baddies that just fell off EX (After rehabbing) and my EX FAKO score went from 650 to 724 (I know to take it with a grain of salt) but when I apped with AMEX a couple of weeks ago they said my EX FICO score was 647 so I am hoping for the best on that one Smiley Very Happy  I am still waiting for TU to update and hopefully they don't give me much hassle like I have read for others.  Either way I have spoken to Colorado Student Loans and they said to give them a call if they don't update by mid-month and they will help with the removal.

I'm super stoked and will be relieved when the final negative TL is removed and I can continue with my credit life Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

DCU is the bomb! lol congrats on the upgrades, but have you looked at Chase Disney Debit? they give disney discounts as well lol 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 18
KausticRage
New Contributor

I thought about it but I don't need a third checking account and the rewards are better on the CC.  You get 2% on all Disney, gas, restaurant and grocery stores and the debit only gets you 10% on select merchandise.  Another big plus is you get a $100 Disney gift card after $500 spend in 3 months.

How is DCU with CLI love and what is the recommended time to wait before requesting a CLI?

April 2013 FICO Scores

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 3 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@KausticRage wrote:

I thought about it but I don't need a third checking account and the rewards are better on the CC.  You get 2% on all Disney, gas, restaurant and grocery stores and the debit only gets you 10% on select merchandise.  Another big plus is you get a $100 Disney gift card after $500 spend in 3 months.

How is DCU with CLI love and what is the recommended time to wait before requesting a CLI?

well considering 2% isn't much I would much prefer to get other 2% cards out there like Priceline imo, I think your little girl would rather see this than Micky Smiley Wink 

SHATTERIZE IT Smiley Happy

It's 2% on EVERYTHING with no annual fees.

For gas , restaurants , and grocery stores there are PLENTY of better cards out there, especially with MUCH better sign up bonuses.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 18
KausticRage
New Contributor

I agree on the rewards and I have my eye out on other cards like BCP/E and others.  The sole purpose for the Disney card is for any Disney related purchases since we are frequent vistors to their parks and buyers of their products Smiley Happy

April 2013 FICO Scores

Message 5 of 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new DCU card. Sure you'll get a lot of good use on it.I today was also approved for a new DCU visa very happy about it.

Enjoy it!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 6 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 18
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!  And nice starting CL, too.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 8 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 18
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

I had SL baddies that just fell off EX (After rehabbing)

can you tell me what this means? After rehabbing? Thanks and congrats on the DCU card! Nice work

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.