Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love these CL increases!

tag
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

Love these CL increases!

When on my quarterly run of asking for CLI's.

PayPal LoC : $2k to $2.5k

Navy More Rewards : $12.5k to $15k

HSBC Gold : $2k to $3k

Lowes : $10k to $12.5k

America Tire : $5k to $6.5k

Living Spaces : $5k to $7.5

Care Credit : $12.5k to $15k

2 more months and I can try the few Capital 1 cards , but wont hold my breath with them

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

Re: Love these CL increases!

@socalchef00 wrote:

2 more months and I can try the few Capital 1 cards , but wont hold my breath with them

@socalchef00 

Very nice!  Patience, hard work, and knowledge really pay off!

With respect to Capital One, I would suggest that if you are not putting some 40% of your existing Credit Line spend on the card each month that you will "likely" get a $100 Credit Limit Increase.  If that!  I would be curious as to what happens (for you) there with Capital One.

But, very nice work with the aforementioned bevy of credit cards!

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

@socalchef00 wrote:

@socalchef00 

Very nice!  Patience, hard work, and knowledge really pay off!

With respect to Capital One, I would suggest that if you are not putting some 40% of your existing Credit Line spend on the card each month that you will "likely" get a $100 Credit Limit Increase.  If that!  I would be curious as to what happens (for you) there with Capital One.

But, very nice work with the aforementioned bevy of credit cards!

Yep, I dont expect much from Cap 1.  Last time they gave me a $200 on one, $250 on another, and a whole $500 on the other.

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 3 of 17
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🍻 Cheers!
That is a very successful run, 7 of 7, congratulations!
Message 4 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HowDoesThisAllWork  Yeah, unfortunately I often hear this regarding Capital One. I enjoy my Capital One Quicksilver, and even though I earn unlimited 1.5% cashback, it is my lowest credit line. That's ok though, I just enjoy it for what it is, and I never ask for an increase. I appreciate the back up card, utilization padding, and unlimited cashback.

Message 6 of 17
azdude480
Established Member

@socalchef00 wrote:

Congrats! Those are some solid increases across the board! Woot, woot!

Be careful with SyncB (as I'm sure you already know)! I just lost 6 cards with them (strangely right after two large auto-CLIs on two of the accounts) and canceled the 7th on my own (a $20K Venmo) out of spite. They ranged from 4 months to 8 years old.

While no one knows what causes the SyncB axing, I was way more frequent with the CLI requests than your quarterly requests, had a very large exposure with them overall, and had about 4-5 new accounts in the last 8-12 months or so. So hopefully you'll continue to be A-OK.

And yeah good luck with Capital One. I haven't had increases in approaching 18 months on any of my four cards. (Although they've all but been sock-drawered, so can't blame them. It's a hate-hate relationship).

***Lurker since 2012. Member since 2022.***
Primary Cards:
Amex BlueAmex EverydayCapital One KohlsCapital One Quicksilver MastercardCapital One Quicksilver MastercardCapital One VentureOneCapital One Walmart MastercardCardless Boston Celtics MastercardCeltic Bank AMC Stubs Visa SignatureChase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa SignatureCiti BestBuy Visa SignatureComenity BH PaybooComenity Sportsmans WarehouseComenity Victorias SecretComenity ZalesCurae Banner HealthDiscover ITDiscover ITGoldman Sachs Apple MastercardGoldman Sachs GM MastercardPenFed Pathfinder Visa SignaturePenFed Platinum Rewards Visa SignaturePenFed PowerCash Visa SignatureSynchrony Bank Verizon Visa SignatureTD Nordstrom Visa PlatinumTD Target MastercardWebBank Dell PreferredWebBank Gemini World MastercardWebBank Petal 2

Authorized User Cards:
Barclays Old NavyCapital One SavorOne MastercardChase Freedom Flex UnlimitedWells Fargo Active Cash

***Total Credit Limit: $272,400***
***In the garden until July 2025.***
Message 7 of 17
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI's.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 17
Murph5065
Contributor

@azdude480 wrote:

@socalchef00 wrote:

Congrats! Those are some solid increases across the board! Woot, woot!

Be careful with SyncB (as I'm sure you already know)! I just lost 6 cards with them (strangely right after two large auto-CLIs on two of the accounts) and canceled the 7th on my own (a $20K Venmo) out of spite. They ranged from 4 months to 8 years old.

While no one knows what causes the SyncB axing, I was way more frequent with the CLI requests than your quarterly requests, had a very large exposure with them overall, and had about 4-5 new accounts in the last 8-12 months or so. So hopefully you'll continue to be A-OK.

And yeah good luck with Capital One. I haven't had increases in approaching 18 months on any of my four cards. (Although they've all but been sock-drawered, so can't blame them. It's a hate-hate relationship).

My cap1 QS had a 750 line on it for 12 yrs would not increase at all until this month which gave me a 1 k increase, i just PC my Cap 1 plat to a Qs also got rid of the AF on plat and kept my 5800 line on it. The last increase on it was 3 yrs ago. Have had the plat for 14yrs now

Message 9 of 17
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI's

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.