Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Cap One Venture One CL....totally bummed :( Any advice please

tag
PrplRn2
Established Member

Low Cap One Venture One CL....totally bummed :( Any advice please

My Info: Currently rebuilding, Thin file, 1 collection account (medical acct in dispute) only 1 CC (NavyFed 10,000CL) 

Scores; 748 TU, 758 EQX,645 EXP 

So I applied for Cap One Venture One and only got approved for $1,000 uggggh I was expecting AT LEAST $3,000.

I guess it is obvious why I only got $1,000 since my Navy Fed card is very new. My question is is it possible with Cap One

I will get a CLI in say 6 months? Is it possible that the low $1,000 limit will "set the bar" low for other approvals? I was going to app for 

Care Credit in about 4 months. Oh well I will appreciate any advice you guys can give.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Low Cap One Venture One CL....totally bummed :( Any advice please

CongratsSmiley Happy

Your scores may be high but thats super thin so they dont carry much weight.

Use your Savor heavy and most likely youll get a good cli. Cap One loves heavy usage. If you get CareCredit, even with a low sl, being Synchrony, you can get higher through Credit Solutions.

Keep up the good work. Navy snd C1 are two great startsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
PrplRn2
Established Member

THANK YOU! i just read my other post where I had someone tell me to do 91/3 and stick with Navy Fed ugggh!

Oh well I should have listened. I REALLY like your advice to and I GOT IT!

i get what you are saying about Care Credit being Synchrony but Credit Solutions? I don't understand that part like I said I'm very new!

Thanks again for the great advice.  

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Solutions is the overseas call center for Synchrony that you can call for increases in your limit.

877-379-8173
Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the approval, with use it should grow and removal of that medical collection will help.
Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 13
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Cap One is known for garbage limits. Usually those cards getting very low SL’s get low CLI’s, but sometimes not. Don’t be alarmed after 6 months if they only give you a measly $100 CLI. Happened to me and I had the same scores as you.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, I turned a 300 dollar credit limit into 2.5k in about a year. I started with Cap 1 with a Quicksilver One card about 8 years after bk7. I have plenty of other cards with a much higher CL but Cap 1 has been the most stingy. Even with Khols!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!! Use it and pay it.....Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
PrplRn2
Established Member

Thanks!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.