Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

I'm a Long Time Lurker,

I dont know whats going on here; but I was just approved for both American Express Blue Cash and the AMX Everyday Card.

I have been rebuilding for a few years now and my scores are not good at all, or at least where I want them to be.

My Fico: TU 630 EQU 632 EXP 640. With these scores, I was approved for both AMX CC.... WHAT!!! HOW!!!!????

What is going on with AMX? I have been trying them for yearsssssss. Always an instant denial. Last time I tried was December of 2016 and that denial was no suprise.

I don't know what made me try the pre-qualifier yesterday but I was matched with 3 cards that "matched".

Current Stats:

I have 19 inq.

35% CC utilization

5 collections

5 accounts with charge offs

reposession

and 

5 late payments

All the baddies are from 2012. My oldest revolving acount is 4 years, my first credit card since I started rebuilding.

I was only approved for $1k each; but I am so thankful for those limits. 

Has anyone else been approved with similair scores?

It appears that AMX has relaxed on their underwriting.

5/19: UPDATE:

Last night I did decided for apply for the AmEx Gold charge card...I figured, "Hey, why not?".... Behold, I was approved for a AmEx Gold Charge Card with only a Experian score of 640.

This makes 3 AmEx cards that I just obtained. Their underwriting requires definitely had to have changed. I am just shocked that there are those who have a much cleaner credit history than I do not seeing any approvals.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

Congrats on your AMEX approvals..   i dont quite have those scores yet to be able to try, but i'm getting close.  BCE is a goal card for me.

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

Thanks Mate! I was in your shoes not that long ago. It seems that they are approving credit scores much lower than a few years ago.

I though I would have to wait until I was low 700's.

This is like a Christmas Miracle!

Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen success for people with scores in those ranges. With that info, I applied yesterday, and.... Got denied. Current scores of TU:618, EQ:615 and EX:628. Currently going thru reconsideration, will let y'all know if I get approved.

But, my scores are jumping up by the day. EQ is at 635 today. All my collections are about to disappear, and my credit utilization is currently between 35% and 85% between the 3 due to lags in updates on payments. In a month or two, all utilization should be at or below 10%, as it's not much, $600 to pay down. My payment history is perfect for the last 3 years. I expected a year or two before I got an AMEX, but I'm chopping at the bit to get one now. How soon is too soon to reapply with AMEX, if I'm denied in Recon? 30 days, or should I wait for 90? 

Message 4 of 39
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

I'm waiting for my Util to drop a little more and I'm going to go for it - 650 on EX.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that you can apply immediately after 30 days. With all the work that you have put in and what your profile will looks like, once its all updated, you shouldn't have a problem being approved, especially considering that I have another 2 1/2 years before all the baddies I have fall off. You are in a better shape than I am.

I'm rooting for you. Let us know know it pans out.  I'm not going to lie....I'm still in shock... Feels too good to be true. It gives those who are in the rebuilding stage hope!

Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your Utilization at now?

try the pre-qualifier. You may get an offer/ match already.

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome sauce. And congratz!!. You give me hope.. How much did you get approved for if you dont mind my asking?

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

$1000 for each card. More than that I though I would get. 

I would have taken a card with a CLI of $100... hahahah

Then again, I didn't even think that I would get approved with such low scores and then get approved a second card immediately after.

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats  i have a ex score of 671 keep getting  turn down for a american express

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.