cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

Congratulations on your 3 AMEX approvals LEVELBOSS super nice job! 😊
Message 21 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

LTL, is that u? Smiley Wink

CONGRATS Op, very well done. I think Amex is looking to build up off all the CostCo customers they lost. But thats awesome for lower score applicants. Just gets you a better card and earlier opportunity to prove the world wrong. Enjoy your new cards. May they grow like wildfireSmiley Happy
Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't do it I have better score and I got denied
Message 23 of 39
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Congrats and this is interesting. So now you can apply for 2 revolvers in one day?
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP, garden the heck out of those cards.

Could anyone clarify for me I thought Amex only let you apply for once card every 5 days unless one was a charge card.

Message 25 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yes, congrats!

Can't get an AMEX prequal for the life of me.

I know it my high UTI keeping them distant from me.
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my pre-qual disappear as soon as my UTL on a Capital One card increased, which caused my scores to drop, so hang in there. Since this post, I was able to get the AMEX Platinum as my 4th card,(2 credit cards/ 2 charge cards). When that iron is hot, run with it. You'll get it. I've seen ppl with profile like mine be approved as well.That being said, I can't get any love from Citi or Chase, so AMEX has been my best friend.
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for 2 credit cards Same day (ED and the BCE), the following day the Standard Gold card. 2 days after that that the platinum. Instantly approved for all of these cards.. To my understanding, you can not obtain 3 credit cards with in 90 days, per the AMEX 90 day rule. This does not apply to charge cards. If anyone is a big traveler or into everyday spending, PLEASE look at the sign up Bonus before applying. Find the max possible bonuses out there. I found a random offer that normal doesn't show up that offered 75k points for the Platinum if you meet the minimum spending requirements, which is $5000 in 3 months. If you are someone who has normal bills, including cars loans or a Mortgage, you can use CC to pay your loans and other bills, there are services out there who will help you do so, which will churn your spending in order to meet the minimum requirement, but this is another topic for another page.
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes to revolvers! There is no limits on charge cards. There is a 90 day rule for the third card, which includes can co-branded cards. My next card will be SPG or Hilton due to traveling a lot. Make sure you get cards that rewards you nicely, as you can use AMEX points to your advantage if you sign up for the right one to meet your needs.
Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you able to Pre-qual? I mean, my profile is straight garbage due to the repossession on my report and collections that STILL update every month for the last 5-6 years. Their underwriting has definitely changed, as I have heard similar to what you have said. I'm still waiting from them to call me and say they made a mistake... lol.
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.