Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Card CLI Major Approval

tag
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Lowe's Card CLI Major Approval

New to forum been been lurking and learning for years after having credit trashed by divorce and it has helped me rebuild so much!

Wanted to throw this out especially since I have read many different/contrasting opinions and experiences in the Forums. Recieved the Lowe's Store card middle of July or so and SL was $2000. Used it one time for $350 and PIF as soon as the statement hit. Yesterday I was bored so I started wondering how soon was too soon to hit the Love button for a CLI request. Read several opioions on here that 6 months from card issue was best. So, I had almost decided to just wait it out. Then I read a couple posts that said they had gotten an increase very early on, so I decided what the heck. No harm, no foul since it would be a SP anyway. So, I hit the Love button and decided to shoot for the moon and requested $10,000. I figure what the heck I'll ask for that so if they are willing to increase at least this way they can counter with their highest offer. BAM! Instant with in seconds approval! I was was like whoa NICE and I left money on the table! So, I started reading about back to back CLI request. Some said they had done it as many as 4 times before a denial. I was very hesitate, especially not wanting to trigger the beast at Sync, but decided to hit it again and this time I'd make it way up there so I didn't leave any on the table again. So, I Requested $25,000 this time. BAM! Instant approval for the $25,000 and again in seconds. I was both stunned and happy of course and again think dang should I have ask for the max of $35K? Not willing to try again I stopped at $25K though. Maybe in a couple months I'll hit it again for the $35K.

Just wanted mainly to post this because I had read several post that said there was a "graduating scale" of sorts that they used like, $2K-$10K-$12K-$17K-$20K, etc. Well as you can see from my experience this isn't the case. I also saw where some folks said not being a home owner you can't get big limits. Well, I sold both my homes when I divorced and don't own now so that isn't the cases either it seems.

My stats are that after a divorce and huge financial losses that 3 years ago I couldn't finance a hamburger. Scoes in the 490-500 range and no credit left. Today scores are all in the lower 700's, I have about 16 open credit cards and a used 2019 truck loan (at 3.25%). My Credit card usage is at 2%. I also got back in with AmEx after having my first card (Green) with them in 1985 up to both a Gold and a Platinum Card in 1993 when it was an invitation only card. Lost both of those in 2002 when my first business started to collapse. New Card even has my original Member Since date of 1985. Which I thought was very cool and means they saw the bad and after 20 years allowed me back in.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowe's Card CLI Major Approval

Congratulations on your CLI approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 19
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 

@bigseegar wrote:

New to forum been been lurking and learning for years after having credit trashed by divorce and it has helped me rebuild so much!

Wanted to throw this out especially since I have read many different/contrasting opinions and experiences in the Forums. Recieved the Lowe's Store card middle of July or so and SL was $2000. Used it one time for $350 and PIF as soon as the statement hit. Yesterday I was bored so I started wondering how soon was too soon to hit the Love button for a CLI request. Read several opioions on here that 6 months from card issue was best. So, I had almost decided to just wait it out. Then I read a couple posts that said they had gotten an increase very early on, so I decided what the heck. No harm, no foul since it would be a SP anyway. So, I hit the Love button and decided to shoot for the moon and requested $10,000. I figure what the heck I'll ask for that so if they are willing to increase at least this way they can counter with their highest offer. BAM! Instant with in seconds approval! I was was like whoa NICE and I left money on the table! So, I started reading about back to back CLI request. Some said they had done it as many as 4 times before a denial. I was very hesitate, especially not wanting to trigger the beast at Sync, but decided to hit it again and this time I'd make it way up there so I didn't leave any on the table again. So, I Requested $25,000 this time. BAM! Instant approval for the $25,000 and again in seconds. I was both stunned and happy of course and again think dang should I have ask for the max of $35K? Not willing to try again I stopped at $25K though. Maybe in a couple months I'll hit it again for the $35K.

Just wanted mainly to post this because I had read several post that said there was a "graduating scale" of sorts that they used like, $2K-$10K-$12K-$17K-$20K, etc. Well as you can see from my experience this isn't the case. I also saw where some folks said not being a home owner you can't get big limits. Well, I sold both my homes when I divorced and don't own now so that isn't the cases either it seems.

My stats are that after a divorce and huge financial losses that 3 years ago I couldn't finance a hamburger. Scoes in the 490-500 range and no credit left. Today scores are all in the lower 700's, I have about 16 open credit cards and a used 2019 truck loan (at 3.25%). My Credit card usage is at 2%. I also got back in with AmEx after having my first card (Green) with them in 1985 up to both a Gold and a Platinum Card in 1993 when it was an invitation only card. Lost both of those in 2002 when my first business started to collapse. New Card even has my original Member Since date of 1985. Which I thought was very cool and means they saw the bad and after 20 years allowed me back in.

Message 3 of 19
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 4 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the Lowes CLIs, and great job rebuilding your credit !!  Smiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Lowe's CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on achieving the 25K limit and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

What an awesome story @bigseegar !!!!

Thank you so much for sharing it!!!!

Yeah that card is a fast grower :-)

Enjoy all your success and remember to

ENJOY IT!!!!!!

Cheers

Message 8 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s terrific!  Congratulations on your major Lowes CLI approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 9 of 19
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Lowe's CLI

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.