Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's approval with a very weird limit

tag
BlueSea
New Contributor

Lowe's approval with a very weird limit

Just got approved for the card with a limit of $3037. I called 1-877-379-8173 but they said no for a higher limit (35K). Scores around 730-740, clean file, AAoA around 1.7 years. Only 1 new account last six months which hasn't reported yet (Chase Sapphire $24000). I'm dissapointed since with this Lowe's account i'll be 5/24. I'm hesitating between canceling the account before it gets reported or leaving it( i heard they report them fast). Any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Lowe's approval very weird limit

DH got his cli before one month had even passed and went, me too actually, from 2K to 30K.  You might wanna hit the mess out of that "luv" button.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

Cancelling the card before it reports will not stop it from reporting, so you might as well hang onto it.

Call them in another month or so and try again with the CLI.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

The advice would be to be patient, wait a bit, then ask for CLI. Those cards can grow 

If you cancel, you get nothing but  HP and new account penalty even if you close it

Congrats again  

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueSea wrote:

Just got approved for the card with a limit of $3037. I called 1-877-379-8173 but they said no for a higher limit (35K). Scores around 730-740, clean file, AAoA around 1.7 years. Only 1 new account last six months which hasn't reported yet (Chase Sapphire $24000). I'm dissapointed since with this Lowe's account i'll be 5/24. I'm hesitating between canceling the account before it gets reported or leaving it( i heard they report them fast). Any advice would be appreciated.

Just take it easy...continue to take care of your credit and it will grow like wild fire.....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your weird Lowe's Approval

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a very odd limit. Congrats on the approval though! And as others have said, don't close the card as it will still report.
Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Keep the card and in 4 months call them again and ask for the CLI, they will counter if they cannot give you the full amount. Your AAoA is low so they want to see some more action on what you have before granting more. Treat it right and it will grow quickly, grats on getting it not all do who app for it Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! I think back to my re-building time and what I would have given for that card or any card with any credit limit.

Message 9 of 11
BlueSea
New Contributor

Thank you all for giving me advice. I decided to keep the card and buy a thankless water heater. After all I didn't get a $500 limit and it's not that bad. With time it will hopefully grow.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.