Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's approval!

I went to Lowes today to get an 8$ fill valve for my toilet. $287 later, I decided to app for a Lowes card. I was gonna get one anyway because I'll be house shopping at the end of this year. So I went to customer service and applied, associate said my app was on hold so he called whoever to find out why. They wanted to talk to me and verify some info. Anyway, she told me I was approved for $2400. Later on my way home, I called CS and requested 15k and they countered with 6k. Ok, I'll take it. I'll get a lot of use out of that card early next year.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowe's approval!

@Anonymous wrote:
I went to Lowes today to get an 8$ fill valve for my toilet. $287 later, I decided to app for a Lowes card. I was gonna get one anyway because I'll be house shopping at the end of this year. So I went to customer service and applied, associate said my app was on hold so he called whoever to find out why. They wanted to talk to me and verify some info. Anyway, she told me I was approved for $2400. Later on my way home, I called CS and requested 15k and they countered with 6k. Ok, I'll take it. I'll get a lot of use out of that card early next year.

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Woman LOL

Message 2 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats.

I suggest you read tis thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 16
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations of the Lowes card approval!

Message 4 of 16
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!! Great SL!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I was kinda shocked I was started at $2400. I had a collection pop up on my TU report recently. My score went from 716 to 680. When I called CS to get an increase, didn't really think I'd get too much of a bump with a fairly new collection there (from 2014) but they gave me 6k, same as my marvel and stash card CLI when I had a 716 FICO. **shrug**
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Lowe's card and great job on the recon!  Woman Very Happy

Message 8 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations

Message 9 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I would hove thought the recon would've given you a higher limit than they did, but at least they bumped it up. Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.